The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
It is always sad when we lose a loved one and we sit and reflect on their and our lives. I am sure Roscoe felt loved and wanted and that he was at last home because you made him feel that way. You are hurting cause he loved you and your family a mutual bond that has been torn asunder. Imagine if you had not rescued him how both of you would of felt with out each other, some times to LOVE hurts but is necessary and worth it. Sure you would do it all over again, also sure he knows you still love him.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Sorry for your loss -I send prayers of thanks that Roscoe got to live out the end of his days happy and loved by someone who returned and appreciated him for the special fellow that he was RIP BIG BOY

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Awe sorry , that's just awful . So unexpected .:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
My sweet rescue boy Roscoe passed away yesterday while I was at work. I am still in shock. He seemed so happy & healthy. I feel awful not being there to rush him to the vet & possibly save his life. I just hope he didn't suffer. I think Daisy laid with him all day until I got there to take over. The vet said they'll examine him to see if they can tell what happened. He may have had something long-term wrong with him that we didn't know about.
My solace is that I know while he was with us he truly knew love--from me and for me--and had the best 3 months anyone could hope for. He captured my heart from day 1.

This is the last picture I took of him the night before he died.
View attachment 75533

RIP my Gentle Giant. You'll always be in my heart.
Born: 12/7/08 Rescued 5/15/14 Died 8/12/14

Just now seeing this...so very sorry for your loss. He was a handsome boy. I am so glad he knew love in the last 3 months of his life.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
bulldog.png

No worries. Roscoe is in good hands.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm so sorry for your loss...and I'm really sorry that you didn't get to be there in his last moments but you must know that you did a great thing by rescuing him and showing him all the love you could and that is a great gift that can never be diminished. Rest in Peace Roscoe and know you will be missed and loved forever more!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.