ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sue, I'm so so very sorry to hear about Roscoe… I can't even imagine!!! At least you were able to love on him for the few months that he was with you… RIP sweet baby boy :(

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
My sweet rescue boy Roscoe passed away yesterday while I was at work. I am still in shock. He seemed so happy & healthy. I feel awful not being there to rush him to the vet & possibly save his life. I just hope he didn't suffer. I think Daisy laid with him all day until I got there to take over. The vet said they'll examine him to see if they can tell what happened. He may have had something long-term wrong with him that we didn't know about.
My solace is that I know while he was with us he truly knew love--from me and for me--and had the best 3 months anyone could hope for. He captured my heart from day 1.

This is the last picture I took of him the night before he died.
View attachment 75533

RIP my Gentle Giant. You'll always be in my heart.
Born: 12/7/08 Rescued 5/15/14 Died 8/12/14
My heart breaks for your loss, God bless you for loving him while he was with you!

OP
IPickedADaisy

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Thank you all for your kind words. I learned from the vet that he likely had a blood clot that caused a seizure. They said even if I was home and got him to them immediately they probably wouldn't have been able to save him. Knowing that helps me with the guilt of what if....?

RIP Roscoe Pee, my big guy, my gentle giant. I hope you spend your time in heaven riding in your wagon all you want.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD bless you for rescuing Roscoe, giving him a home & love <3
My sincere condolences for your loss of him.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Prayers are coming your way, I am so sorry for the loss of your Roscoe, he is at Rainbow Bridge waiting for you to be with him one day. Love To You and Your Family. God Bless.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Our sincerest condolences to you in this critical time of need. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Our prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. We are so sorry for your loss.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=8562]IPickedADaisy[/MENTION] So sorry for your loss of Roscoe. I know how your heart hurts, but know that you gave him a great home, and he had the most love from you that he could have gotten in the time he was with you.He felt love-,I'm sure, and some dogs never have that in their lifetime. He had quality time in the time he had with you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.