ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It was a year ago yesterday that I said my last goodbyes to Wellie… many of you on here know the story, and those of you that don't can check out my page for Wellie's album. It also coincided w/GRIFFIN'S memorial that was yesterday… he was a famous special needs bully on FB that passed away sadly a couple of days ago. Last night, I was very sad thinking of all the losses… and I realized that even though Wellie was only on this earth for 4 short months it was such a gift to me and our family. I learned SO many things about myself, about my family, and about life in general. I had NO idea how dedicated I was to his care, and making sure that he survived. Something that at first became a burden, actually became something I so enjoyed. Wellie was SO independent, for a little guy that was unable to see, feed himself, and sometimes walk… whenever he was having a great day he was FIERCE!!! He would walk around outside for hours by himself. That will to LIVE just shone through :sunny:We had sad days, but we had many seriously funny days that I would laugh thru my tears… :lmao:My friends outpouring of support was amazing, and my FB page exploded the day we said goodbye. The last night that I had him, I was holding him while I was watching "Men in Black 3". Every time I see that movie, I think about him and just smile… that precious memory is mine. No matter how simple or corny it is…

Special needs bullies bring something extraordinary to our lives… I really can't put it into words. I am FOREVER changed by little Wellington, and I know that many of you on here understand this special gift. RIP little buddy, I know that one day I will see you Winston & Bella cutting it up on the bridge like you did here in our home!!!

521827_10151500057068548_340941267_n.jpg735056_10151466361548548_1647599951_n.jpg150471_10151500590458548_1455027325_n.jpg556935_10151466359723548_1367789798_n.jpg578026_10151466354573548_108483000_n.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rest in peace sweet Wellie..... Many hugs and love to you Tracey,

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think the 3 of them are watching over you every day and all 3 live in your heart. :heart: :heart: :heart:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Upon this day I reminisce with sadness and regret the loss of my beloved special *"child" who was my pet.
It's been one yearof longing, wishing you'd return to me, for though you left a year ago, I cannot "set you free".
Though time has made it easier, to go from day to day, noone can understand the "special" role your life did play.
For every day you were a part, of love, and joy, and life, you had a way that focused me, and lessened daily strife.
I'd hurry home to see your face, behind that window pane, where wiggles,hugs and cuddles, brighten up the worst of days.
And now I sit with eyes tear filled, you are not by my side, and when I see the window, it is bare and bleak inside.
Emotions they are raw today, I'm simply torn apart, for hollow, wrenching feelings, tear apart this very heart.
An emptyiness, that's deeper than the oceans filled my soul; a painful hunger bites my control.
For though time healed the Daily wounds,I wore upon my sleeve, I shelter from the world outside, just what you meant to me.
To me you were more human, than some others I have known, you Havre such love and tenderness; twas deep within your soul.
Now spring Is here, and little things, we love now cause me harm,the walks we'd take around the yard, no longer hold their charm
I see you as I turn each step,I watch for you each day.... Oh little one. I miss you so.Much more than words can say.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Upon this day I reminisce with sadness and regret the loss of my beloved special *"child" who was my pet.
It's been one yearof longing, wishing you'd return to me, for though you left a year ago, I cannot "set you free".
Though time has made it easier, to go from day to day, noone can understand the "special" role your life did play.
For every day you were a part, of love, and joy, and life, you had a way that focused me, and lessened daily strife.
I'd hurry home to see your face, behind that window pane, where wiggles,hugs and cuddles, brighten up the worst of days.
And now I sit with eyes tear filled, you are not by my side, and when I see the window, it is bare and bleak inside.
Emotions they are raw today, I'm simply torn apart, for hollow, wrenching feelings, tear apart this very heart.
An emptyiness, that's deeper than the oceans filled my soul; a painful hunger bites my control.
For though time healed the Daily wounds,I wore upon my sleeve, I shelter from the world outside, just what you meant to me.
To me you were more human, than some others I have known, you Havre such love and tenderness; twas deep within your soul.
Now spring Is here, and little things, we love now cause me harm,the walks we'd take around the yard, no longer hold their charm
I see you as I turn each step,I watch for you each day.... Oh little one. I miss you so.Much more than words can say.

This is JUST beautiful, Thank you so much for sharing Cindy...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hugs and love to you. RIP little man.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Tracy /even tho i havent been able to "meet "Wellie -my heart goes out for you and your family -i believe that things happen for a reason,and 4 legged friends that only stayed with us for a little while -they stayed for a purpose , to teach us how to love and care when they left our hearts become empty -but somehow through the grief of losing them -in time our hearts can still fill up with unconditional love to another bully in need of it xx
All i can do from here is to send you a biggest virtual hug xx

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Such a beautiful tribute to little baby Wellie <3. RIP :grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hugs to you Tracey.

RIP sweet little baby Wellie.

I agree with Phil they would be watching down on you Tracey and be saying what a great Mum we had :heart:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie

This is so beautiful. Wellie always will be a part of your heart Tracey. He made an enormous difference in your life and that of your family and everyone who knew him. You were blessed to have him, even though it was just for a little while. Hugs from me and the Dud.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thank you for sharing the pictures, Tracey. Wellie was a beautiful baby bullie.

:girlcry: :angelhug:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't mean for this to be so sad… :(

I just wanted to put this out in remembrance of him, and share some of my memories. To be honest, I'm sick of dwelling on death lately…

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.