Sweet little Cassie

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
On the 21st of December our sweet little Cassie went over the rainbow bridge.She had a mast cell tumor removed about 7 months ago and was pronounced cancer free..until 2 weeks before thanksgiving. Our vet didn't expect her to make it until thankgiving..she had tumors popping out every where. She was a happy playful girl until the day we came home from work on the 21st of December. She was in so much pain and had a very high fever so we had to call our mobile vet to put her to sleep. It was the hardest thing I think I have ever done. I can't think of her or talk about her without crying.

We had her for 10 1/2 blessed years and I'm thankful for each one even with all the vet visits and bills , I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

002.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is such a sweet picture of her. Her eyes are beautiful! Sorry you are going thru this, dont wish it on anyone but somehow we are all doomed to go thru it. :(

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much Jennifer. She had the most amazing soulful eyes. My hubby always said she looked like such a girl with her black lined eyes he couldn't see how everyone always thought she was a boy. I'm lucky I had her for the time that I did, I just never realized how totally devastated I would be when she was gone. I've lost dogs before, but this was like having a child taken from me and I do hope no one has to go through this for a long time.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I think they are more like children with the needs and behaviors they have. She was so beautiful Angelgirl, and she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
She is so beautiful. 10 and 1/2 years is a long life, and she's out of pain now, hopefully you can take comfort knowing that. So sad tho. I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Glad you found us, you'll get lots of support here. (hug)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so sorry for you loss ... she looks like such a sweet little girl :luv:

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so very much everyone! It warms my heart to be among people who also love this very special breed as much as we do.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Somehow I missed this but thank you for sharing...I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a bully so I am right there with you and grief shared is divided - amongst all of us on the board that feel your pain. My Bentley and your Cassie are definitely together somewhere wonderful waiting for us. :hug:

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you both :heart: [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION]

[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] I'm so sorry for your loss also! I know someday we'll be able to walk over the rainbow bridge and be forever with our babies.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks so much [MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] - I got so worked up reading the memorial for Cassie and thinking about my own loss this morning that my puppy Truman tried to come over and make me feel better by head butting me in the face and breaking my glasses! Darn bullies! :)

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] Little stinker was trying to cheer you up! Funny how bullies are like that, but sometimes don't know their own strength. I had many a fat lip from bending down to give Cass a kiss when she was coming up to give me one. The new little one I don't dare get in her face..she would pierce my nose.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online