ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't understand I haven't on for a while what happened, if you don't feel like talking about it I understand

Oh no you are fineā€¦
Winston died right after his entropion surgery last month. He was fine right after the surgery, and then he went into distress. I had to rush him to an emergency clinic where he died about 10 minutes after we got thereā€¦ I really don't know what happened, but they mentioned an elongated soft palate and or anesthesia as being combined issues. I lost his mother Bella after her spay in June of last year, and Winston's little brother Wellie I had to have put to sleep in April because he was born w/severe hydrocephalus. So as of now I went from having 3 bullies to having none...

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
I'm so sorry I was planning to fix Rebel soon but now I'm terrified I wish I could send Rebel over to you for awhile to make you feel better

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry I was planning to fix Rebel soon but now I'm terrified I wish I could send Rebel over to you for awhile to make you feel better

I don't mean to cause panic & worryā€¦ I just seem to have incredibly bad luck when it comes to my bullies. I'm sure that Rebel will be fineā€¦ many bullies on here have surgeries all the time. I've been unable to find a great bully vet in my area :(

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Tracey, I think of you and Winston and your family so often. Winston always reminded me of my Dudley, so he holds a very special place in my heart. Just know that we share your pain and sorrow in our hearts. And, maybe, each of us stops for a moment every day and we give our bullies just a little extra love...because of Winston. Sending hugs!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Tracey I still think of Winston everyday and the senseless tragedy that happened that day. How sad the vet never reached out to you. Even if they are busy there's no excuse in a situation like this for not contacting you. I have an insensitive vet also and can't seem to find another one as of yet. I don't care how good they are..if they dont have that bedside manner or follow up after visits theyre doing a serious disservice to the pet owner. These dogs are family to us and the vets I've dealt with don't seem to get that..
what you went through last month with Winston is absolutely heartbreaking. Your EBN family will,always be here for you.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Tracey, so sorry that your vet nor the surgeon have called. :(

You have beautiful memories of Winston that no one can take away... and memories that are special to you alone. Keep those close to your heart. And THANK YOU for letting us know Winston. It really was an honor. ā™„

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I know you are still hurting. I remember well how horrible the month was after Trixie died. We think about you all the time and hope you can hold on to the happy memories you made with that sweet Winston when you're feeling down.

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Hi Tracey
Im new here and didn't know about Winston until I read this post. I'm so sorry for ur loss. I wish I joined EBN sooner so I could have gotten to know him like the others. It sounds like the little guy touched alot of people in his short life. Hugs to u.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Tracey
Im new here and didn't know about Winston until I read this post. I'm so sorry for ur loss. I wish I joined EBN sooner so I could have gotten to know him like the others. It sounds like the little guy touched alot of people in his short life. Hugs to u.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Aww Thank You!!! This place is very special, I hope that you will share your stories of Gia w/usā€¦ we are a family here @EBN!!! ;)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know that feeling
My Ben two years ago

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

So sorry for your lossā€¦ you should do a memorial page on EBN in his memory!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.