Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
Re: RIP Our Big Beautiful Boy… Winston

I'm so sorry for what your going through my prayers will be with you and your family

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde

so very sorry for your loss.....hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....i can't imagine :(

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey

Awww:*( Closure is so important, I'm impressed how graceful you're handling this all, you're an inspiration:hug: sending warm love to you and your family.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)

Again hun im so sorry for your loss
We are also amazed by your strength through this very difficult time xxxx

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Awww:*( Closure is so important, I'm impressed how graceful you're handling this all, you're an inspiration:hug: sending warm love to you and your family.

Well it's a good thing you guys don't see me at home in private… the breakdown's in the shower, or when I find a special toy. I guess the worst was when my grandson kept asking for his "Winsy". I don't know how you explain to a 2 year old about death :nope: I bought him a stuffed bulldog and explained to him that Winsy was in heaven. I'm trying really hard NOT to be angry, because it would be so easy to fill that sorrow w/it and it would just eat at me. I haven't called the surgeon back, she left me her personal cell number right after it happened… I'm not ready for that yet. I wanted to put closure on here since I just honored his mom w/her birthday that just passed, but closure in my heart?!! :heart: That may take months or years...

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

Well it's a good thing you guys don't see me at home in private… the breakdown's in the shower, or when I find a special toy. I guess the worst was when my grandson kept asking for his "Winsy". I don't know how you explain to a 2 year old about death :nope: I bought him a stuffed bulldog and explained to him that Winsy was in heaven. I'm trying really hard NOT to be angry, because it would be so easy to fill that sorrow w/it and it would just eat at me. I haven't called the surgeon back, she left me her personal cell number right after it happened… I'm not ready for that yet. I wanted to put closure on here since I just honored his mom w/her birthday that just passed, but closure in my heart?!! :heart: That may take months or years...

I cannot even imagine:*( I think in your situation many would feel anger, I know I would.. I do:( It's heartbreaking to hear about your grandson, that must be so hard for you both. Kids deal with things greatly though, they many times see things more simple and clear. And I still think you're amazing:) you're here supporting others, giving great advice and loving comments:drawheart: I don't think anyone can ever be ready to make a call like that:( but I hope if you do it will make you feel better. I don't know how grief works but they say it gets easier... :heart:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I cannot even imagine:*( I think in your situation many would feel anger, I know I would.. I do:( It's heartbreaking to hear about your grandson, that must be so hard for you both. Kids deal with things greatly though, they many times see things more simple and clear. And I still think you're amazing:) you're here supporting others, giving great advice and loving comments:drawheart: I don't think anyone can ever be ready to make a call like that:( but I hope if you do it will make you feel better. I don't know how grief works but they say it gets easier... :heart:

I am angry… but I know that NO matter how angry I get it doesn't change the fact that he's gone. I have 3 kids watching my reactions to this, and trying to deal w/their own grief… I don't want them to be afraid of death or loss, and I don't want them to never LOVE a pet again because sometimes they leave. I have been very fortunate in my life to have amazing role models, my great-grandmother buried her baby brother, child, husband and of course both parents. She would grieve deeply, but she also continued on… she enjoyed every day of her life. I was there holding my dad's hand when he passed, and from that day on I've never been afraid of death… he was at peace, and I know that my babies are at peace as well. Sometimes you have to pay attention to the lessons that you learn along your journey, they are preparing you for what is to come...

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

I think you are just such an amazing woman. You are right about paying attention to the journey and sometimes that is easier said than done, but you have actually done it. You are such a center of strength. Your family is looking to you for direction and you are shining through with the example you are setting for them. Your faith, family and of course your friends here at EBN will get you through this. I continue to think of you and pray for your family every day.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

I am angry… but I know that NO matter how angry I get it doesn't change the fact that he's gone. I have 3 kids watching my reactions to this, and trying to deal w/their own grief… I don't want them to be afraid of death or loss, and I don't want them to never LOVE a pet again because sometimes they leave. I have been very fortunate in my life to have amazing role models, my great-grandmother buried her baby brother, child, husband and of course both parents. She would grieve deeply, but she also continued on… she enjoyed every day of her life. I was there holding my dad's hand when he passed, and from that day on I've never been afraid of death… he was at peace, and I know that my babies are at peace as well. Sometimes you have to pay attention to the lessons that you learn along your journey, they are preparing you for what is to come...

Aww, you are such a great person in so many ways:heart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Tracey-There is never really any "closure". We never find out "why'. No point in even asking "why?" If you believe in angels-they are sweet angels with sparkling wings,
helping show someone else's babies their beautiful heaven. We will never understand,and never have so-called "closure". This is not a business deal-this is life, which unfortunately involves death, along with it. Only someone who has never dealt with death of a loved one can say "closure". Time passes-pain stays-only the crying eventually happens less often. But never ends. If I think too much about who I have lost over the years(fur/skin) I still cry. The hardest part is NOT to think. I guess if you believe in a GOD, we have to assume that HE needed them more than we did. I had to repeat over and over "I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me" I don't even know WHY I am still here-or HOW I made it this far. They DO take part of your heart, each time-but I never would have missed all the love I had , all the wagging tails (some HAD tails), face licks, hugs, good times, bad times, the love of my life,the heartache. or traded any of it if I had the choice of having none of the pain that results from the loss of it-for never having had the privelege of being loved and loving. The pain NEVER REALLY goes away-you just get resigned to living with it. I understand your anger-my first child was a furchild-she went every where with us. She got sick while my vet was away. Another vet overdosed her on meds, and we lost her. So many years ago-I can still get angry.SHE was the FIRST loss. Pain-you have to live with it, and you CAN'T live without it...........A heart that doesn't ache has never know love. So many prayers are for you-I hope it can help, even if just a little. sorry for the ramble......

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Tracey-There is never really any "closure". We never find out "why'. No point in even asking "why?" If you believe in angels-they are sweet angels with sparkling wings,
helping show someone else's babies their beautiful heaven. We will never understand,and never have so-called "closure". This is not a business deal-this is life, which unfortunately involves death, along with it. Only someone who has never dealt with death of a loved one can say "closure". Time passes-pain stays-only the crying eventually happens less often. But never ends. If I think too much about who I have lost over the years(fur/skin) I still cry. The hardest part is NOT to think. I guess if you believe in a GOD, we have to assume that HE needed them more than we did. I had to repeat over and over "I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me" I don't even know WHY I am still here-or HOW I made it this far. They DO take part of your heart, each time-but I never would have missed all the love I had , all the wagging tails (some HAD tails), face licks, hugs, good times, bad times, the love of my life,the heartache. or traded any of it if I had the choice of having none of the pain that results from the loss of it-for never having had the privelege of being loved and loving. The pain NEVER REALLY goes away-you just get resigned to living with it. I understand your anger-my first child was a furchild-she went every where with us. She got sick while my vet was away. Another vet overdosed her on meds, and we lost her. So many years ago-I can still get angry.SHE was the FIRST loss. Pain-you have to live with it, and you CAN'T live without it...........A heart that doesn't ache has never know love. So many prayers are for you-I hope it can help, even if just a little. sorry for the ramble......

Oh Lynn, don't apologize for the ramble… it was beautifully said. I agree that closure is probably the wrong word, acceptance sounds much better… we would never appreciate anybody (fur or skin) if we have never experienced a loss before. All the prayers do help Lynn, so keep praying… I feel all kinds of love surrounding me & my family!!! :angelheart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

I pray for you every day. I know the pain you are feeling.:hug:

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this :cry:. Winston will be surely missed. My heart breaks for you, sending tons of hugs your way. :hug: RIP handsome boy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.