Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: RIP Our Big Beautiful Boy… Winston

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I am angry… but I know that NO matter how angry I get it doesn't change the fact that he's gone. I have 3 kids watching my reactions to this, and trying to deal w/their own grief… I don't want them to be afraid of death or loss, and I don't want them to never LOVE a pet again because sometimes they leave. I have been very fortunate in my life to have amazing role models, my great-grandmother buried her baby brother, child, husband and of course both parents. She would grieve deeply, but she also continued on… she enjoyed every day of her life. I was there holding my dad's hand when he passed, and from that day on I've never been afraid of death… he was at peace, and I know that my babies are at peace as well. Sometimes you have to pay attention to the lessons that you learn along your journey, they are preparing you for what is to come...
    Aww, you are such a great person in so many ways
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Tracey-There is never really any "closure". We never find out "why'. No point in even asking "why?" If you believe in angels-they are sweet angels with sparkling wings,
    helping show someone else's babies their beautiful heaven. We will never understand,and never have so-called "closure". This is not a business deal-this is life, which unfortunately involves death, along with it. Only someone who has never dealt with death of a loved one can say "closure". Time passes-pain stays-only the crying eventually happens less often. But never ends. If I think too much about who I have lost over the years(fur/skin) I still cry. The hardest part is NOT to think. I guess if you believe in a GOD, we have to assume that HE needed them more than we did. I had to repeat over and over "I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me" I don't even know WHY I am still here-or HOW I made it this far. They DO take part of your heart, each time-but I never would have missed all the love I had , all the wagging tails (some HAD tails), face licks, hugs, good times, bad times, the love of my life,the heartache. or traded any of it if I had the choice of having none of the pain that results from the loss of it-for never having had the privelege of being loved and loving. The pain NEVER REALLY goes away-you just get resigned to living with it. I understand your anger-my first child was a furchild-she went every where with us. She got sick while my vet was away. Another vet overdosed her on meds, and we lost her. So many years ago-I can still get angry.SHE was the FIRST loss. Pain-you have to live with it, and you CAN'T live without it...........A heart that doesn't ache has never know love. So many prayers are for you-I hope it can help, even if just a little. sorry for the ramble......
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Tracey-There is never really any "closure". We never find out "why'. No point in even asking "why?" If you believe in angels-they are sweet angels with sparkling wings,
    helping show someone else's babies their beautiful heaven. We will never understand,and never have so-called "closure". This is not a business deal-this is life, which unfortunately involves death, along with it. Only someone who has never dealt with death of a loved one can say "closure". Time passes-pain stays-only the crying eventually happens less often. But never ends. If I think too much about who I have lost over the years(fur/skin) I still cry. The hardest part is NOT to think. I guess if you believe in a GOD, we have to assume that HE needed them more than we did. I had to repeat over and over "I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me" I don't even know WHY I am still here-or HOW I made it this far. They DO take part of your heart, each time-but I never would have missed all the love I had , all the wagging tails (some HAD tails), face licks, hugs, good times, bad times, the love of my life,the heartache. or traded any of it if I had the choice of having none of the pain that results from the loss of it-for never having had the privelege of being loved and loving. The pain NEVER REALLY goes away-you just get resigned to living with it. I understand your anger-my first child was a furchild-she went every where with us. She got sick while my vet was away. Another vet overdosed her on meds, and we lost her. So many years ago-I can still get angry.SHE was the FIRST loss. Pain-you have to live with it, and you CAN'T live without it...........A heart that doesn't ache has never know love. So many prayers are for you-I hope it can help, even if just a little. sorry for the ramble......
    Oh Lynn, don't apologize for the ramble… it was beautifully said. I agree that closure is probably the wrong word, acceptance sounds much better… we would never appreciate anybody (fur or skin) if we have never experienced a loss before. All the prayers do help Lynn, so keep praying… I feel all kinds of love surrounding me & my family!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I pray for you every day. I know the pain you are feeling.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Its so hard being the queen!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this . Winston will be surely missed. My heart breaks for you, sending tons of hugs your way. RIP handsome boy.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

My heart breaks for you everytime I think of the losses you have undergone. I mean, my heart just ACHES. I pray for you and your family. be comforted in the thought that Bella, Winston and Wellie are looking down at you all and waiting for you to cross the bridge to meet them one day.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Highway
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You are an amazing woman, Tracey. The way you are handling this awful situation and so worried about your kids in the process. I think about Winston all the time and the ornament I bought for him. I am glad I got to be a small part of his life.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyHighway View Post
    You are an amazing woman, Tracey. The way you are handling this awful situation and so worried about your kids in the process. I think about Winston all the time and the ornament I bought for him. I am glad I got to be a small part of his life.
    Those ornaments are so precious to me, you have NO idea!!! Of course I was teary eyed when I took them down this year… I had so planned on Christmas being a happy time for us this year!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Karma and Diamond
    Likes (Received)

OOOOOoooo I'm so sorry for you loss. Breaks my heart why they ever have to leave us. Rest In Paradise Winston

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am angry… but I know that NO matter how angry I get it doesn't change the fact that he's gone. I have 3 kids watching my reactions to this, and trying to deal w/their own grief… I don't want them to be afraid of death or loss, and I don't want them to never LOVE a pet again because sometimes they leave. I have been very fortunate in my life to have amazing role models, my great-grandmother buried her baby brother, child, husband and of course both parents. She would grieve deeply, but she also continued on… she enjoyed every day of her life. I was there holding my dad's hand when he passed, and from that day on I've never been afraid of death… he was at peace, and I know that my babies are at peace as well. Sometimes you have to pay attention to the lessons that you learn along your journey, they are preparing you for what is to come...
    Very well said Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Tracey, you really are so wonderful. I'm so sorry for all you have gone through. Your family is lucky to have you as a role model to continue on with all you have learned from yours. All of your furry family has been extremely lucky to have you and your family loving them in such an exceptional way. Thank you for showing us all how to be strong, yet still feel loss and gain the courage to continue on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads