La Vie en ROSE!

sews4dogs

Dec 25, 2013
currently, NC, but moving back to Lake Orion, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willy (Det BD res) Rose (via my vet) from NC
MistletROSE.jpgPocahantROSE.jpg This is our beautiful ROSE O'BRIEN of Lake Orion, MI. Sadly, she passed away last June 6 from osteosarcoma in her right jaw. It was sudden, sad, and inoperable. Rose was only 8 years old. She came from NC via my vet. I had met Rose when we first moved here. She was a client at my vet's office and had a litter of 9 pups. The sire of the babies was the white Bully (Mostly Ghostly, I think) in the movie with Dwayne Johnson. Rose's owner invited me to visit the pups and I did. So much puppy breath, the best smell in the world, wrinkles, folds, drool! I was in Heaven. I told the owner right there that if she ever wanted to part with Rose, pups were all spoken for, call me first!!! Little did I know!! about 3 years and another litter later I was at the vet for one of my Greyhounds (at that time I had 5!) The girls were teasing me and said 'Kerry, want a Bulldog?' I said that if the dog was any relation to Rose (Whole Lotta Rosie), then absolutely! When they said it IS ROSE, I said YES without a second thought. Apparently the owner's husband had passed and she had found another guy who didn't LIKE ROSE! OMG! She actually chose him over Rose. Rose had been GIVEN to someone else, who passed her on.......you get it! I asked her to FIND Rose and I'd take her. Within a day Rose had been 'located' and we were on our way to pick her up. Sweet, sweet Rose. She acclimated to our home and Greys like a fish to water. I knew my Niece in MI desperately wanted a Bully. She already had a rescued Frenchie, but wanted an English, as well. When I told her I had found her Bully she was beyond happy. We took Rose to MI and she was so happy with Stella, the Frenchie. We think she looked at Stella as her baby because she would fall asleep grooming Stella. Rose was a ham and would willingly pose for photos. Meg has pictures of Rose in different head gear for every month. We called the Christmas one, my avatar, 'MistletROSE," and the T'giving one 'PocahantROSE.' Rose is so sadly missed. We hope to be able to help my niece get another Bully soon. Rose had 1 tooth on the bottom left that stuck out, sometimes. When that happened we called it her 'Evil tooth.' She's at the Rainbow Bridge with all our others.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is such a sweet story, [MENTION=10629]sews4dogs[/MENTION]. God bless you and your niece for taking this little angel and providing her with love and a home. What a beautiful girl Rose was and I know she is frolicking with all her friends and family there at the Bridge.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Rose was a beautiful girl. I love the photos. I know she will be missed always. I guess she always had the "Rose Pose' goin' on . So sweet.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stories like these make me think that some things are just meant to be. And you and Rose finding each other after meeting that one fateful day is so heartwarming. She knew she was home with you and your pack right from the very start. Thank you for loving her so much. :drawheart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
sorry for her loss, Rose was a beautiful girl.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry for your loss. What a lucky girl that you found each other after all that time. Was truly meant to be. RIP pretty girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the loss of Sweet Rose.... What a beauty she was! Thank you for sharing your and Rose's story with us.

Rest in Peace sweet girl!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It warms my heart that Rose had your loving home & appreciated for who
she was, before she passed on. Love your tribute to her and what a lovely
girl she was, inside & out!

I adopted Cami, a retired breeder, 9 months ago, she is almost 6 y/o.
Like Rose, her left tooth (bottom) occasionally shows :) She's a sweetheart
to people & animals and took to us immediately. She's made me work tho for
that complete adoration and absolute trust but finally...I have it! Whoopee!!

Glad you've joined us, Kerry~GOD bless you & yours in this New Year & beyond!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so,sorry for your loss of Rose. She knew she was loved right to the end, I'm so glad you found her and she was able to live her remaining years with love. RIP. sweet girl

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss… I'm glad that you were able to give Rose a loving home!!! :heart:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Awwww...what a great story. Rosie was adorable! RIP sweet girl!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Thanks for sharing a lovely tribute of Rose, her pictures of just beautiful, she looks like a real lady, I am so glad Rose and you found each other, and you gave her the best home ever !! Its beautiful story filled with lots of love. I am so sorry for your lose, its never easy losing a family member. R.I.P Rose.
:heartsign:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I'm so sorry about Rose. She was a beautiful girl. How wonderful that you were able to "find" her and make certain she had love and happiness!:heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.