We loved you Lucy!

notatoy

Dec 5, 2010
I am new to this forum. We adopted Lucy 1 month ago. She was 6 months old. We had her 3 weeks when we brought her in to get spayed. An hour after she was dropped off we got the call from the vet. They gave her a pre anesthesia shot and said they were checking her every 5 min. They checked on her and she was non-respnsive. He said he's done many bulldogs and has not happened to him before with any dog in 19 years. She was so special. Couldn't believe that in 3 short weeks we could feel the way we did. But anyway, thanks for listening. I miss her so much...

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I am so sorry to hear this....it is so sad... did they ask you if you wanted to have her tested for anesthesia?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh no, I am so sorry. Poor little girl. I love her name too.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so sorry for your loss. I could not imagine taking my dog in for a simple procedure and this would happen, I know there is always risk, but is just breaks my heart for you.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh, what a horrible thing to have happen. I am so sorry for your loss! Any surgery is scary especially for the short nose dogs but you just dont think it could happen to you. :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My heart is breaking for you! I am so sorry for your loss. 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, 3 days.... your baby was your baby no matter how long. A loss such as this is so unexpected and heartbreaking.

There is this book, called Bill at Rainbow Bridge. The author, Dan Carrison, has contacted us and will send you a copy of his book. No cost to you. He just asks that your read it. It is a wonderful book, and may help heal the pain and loss you are suffering right now. Just click this link to get his information so you can request a copy.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...6-complimentary-copy-bill-rainbow-bridge.html

I was thinking of getting my boy fixed soon and I am actually scared to have it done, just for this reason. I hope they did not give too much, or the wrong kind of anesthesia. The amount is not traceable even in a necropsy. The only thing that can be gained is seeing what kind was administered. Bullies really need gas only (if possible) for surgery. Anesthesia is very scary for a bully- they don't take it well like other breeds. Any smooshed face breed or teacup sized breeds don't.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I'm so sorry for your loss... Just know we are here if you need to talk!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
so sorry for your loss. we need to get our male fixed and get his hernia fixed and i am so scared to have him put under

OP
N

notatoy

Dec 5, 2010
It was actually the pre anesthesia shot. I heard from a good source it's the same shot they use to put a dog down (just in a small dose) so if they miss measure it this could happen. I'm not blaming them but it's possible. If I ever do this again I will find a vet that will allow me to stay with her. This is my advise to all. Thank you all so so much for your support. We really needed it. We got her ashes today and will have a memorial tomorrow.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I can only imagine the heartache your feeling. So sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.