The last 7 months

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
Since April, we have lost four dogs. Starting in April, we lost 10 year old Tank, our Frenchie due to seizures from a brain tumor. In June, we lost 14 year old Buddie, our elkhound due to a brain tumor. In July, we lost 18 year old Smokey due to old age. Just last weekend we lost Max, our 18 year old pug due to old age. While we have new, young life in our home with our bullies, our house is lonely without the ones we have shared so much of our lives with.

My only consolation is that these pups are reunited at the Bridge with each other and are pain free and happy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW, so sorry for your loss, that's a lot of sorrow for one year. But like you said, they are together at the bridge.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am very sorry for your loss and so many at once.
The holidays will be difficult without them :(

So glad you have young ones to love & be loved back.

Will keep all in my thoughts/prayers~GOD bless <3

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
my condolences for your losses. Its never easy and there are never any words that can make it better so I will just say we are here for you when you need to cry reminisce or just plain old vent sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
It is not easy, losing your furry family members, they give you so much joy and love. I am so sorry for your losses. They are forever in your heart , we lost a staffie age 15, a little fluffy dog age 13, and border collie age 13 with a couple of years of each other, this was a couple of years ago before we got Bazza, I still think of them .

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Words can't express the loss we feel when we lose our furry babies. Even though we make room in our heart for our new furry babies, there will always be a piece in our heart that is always going to grieve for our beloved fur babies that passed on. Fiona came into my life after losing my Sheldon of 5 years.I was so afraid to love again, because I didn't want to hurt again. But she needed me, just as much as I needed her. She keeps me busy, because she is so needy. I wouldn't want it any other way. Again, my condolences to you.

bubs0604

Sep 9, 2012
fairfield ca
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Armstrong
I am so sorry to hear about your losses. As Jennifer said in another post we are all here for you to lend a listening ear and hopefully give good advice. Im sure the new furbabies are giving you so much love too. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi, oh my goodness, I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved fur babies Tank, Buddy, Smokey, and Max. Our babies are not our pets, they are members of our family, and when they leave us to go over the bridge, they always take a huge part of them with us, especially our hearts. There are never any words that anyone can say to take away your pain or your grief, only time can do that. Everyone grieves and handles loss differently, so take your time to let yourself grieve for your babies, cry, and remember them. With time you will be able to remember each one of them with a smile when you think about how special each one was to you, and when you remember each ones individual personality. You're babies had long lives with you, and that's a testament to you and your family, you're a great Furbaby Mom, and they all know how much you loved them. I know the feeling of losing a beloved pet, my 14 year old Jack Russell Oreo died 3 years ago in September, from old age and cancer as well, and I still miss her everyday. She will never be replaced, but after two years with no dogs in the house, we were missing having a furbaby, so we got our two Bullies, Bulldozer and Blossom, they are 21 months old now, and our hearts are full of love for these guys. You will also never replace your babies, but your heart is definetely big enough to love the babies you have. Enjoy Mickey and Minnie and cherish them. There is never a guarantee on how long we are lucky enough to have them in our lives, or how long we get to love our Furbabies, and unfortunately we outlive them, and have to go through the loss of each of them, but without them in our lives we wouldn't know the love of these beautiful souls, and our hearts would be empty. Sending love, hugs, and prayers to you.
RIP beautiful babies Tank, Buddy, Smokey, and Max, you will always be in the hearts and memories of those who loved you, and you were very much loved.

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten year old Irish wolfhound, named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife Lisa and their little boy Shane were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.

I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog. Ron and Lisa told me that they thought it would be good for the four year old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few moments, Belker slipped away peacefully. The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.” Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I never had heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, “People are born so that they learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The four year old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

0 Comment(s)

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for you loss… we have lost 2 bulldogs this year, and it has been very painful for me & my family. Most of your dogs had a very long life, may you take comfort that they enjoyed every year in the comfort of your loving family. God Bless…

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am VERY sorry for your losses. I know we all have to go through these things in our lifetime. I know your pain, as within a very short period of time, I lost 4 family members, and several of my dogs also. The only way I felt I could get though it, was to thank GOD for the years we had, and how lucky I was to have them. We always love them and I still think about the first dog(my husband and I had when first married-our first "child")whom we loved so much. Praying for you in your difficult time....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.