Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: One Final Rescue...

That was fantastic! I recently read bill at the rainbow bridge and was blown away by it..it's a quick read and I know most people on EBN have probably read it already but if you haven't you definitely should. It really makes you think and I can see how people would find it comforting when that dreaded time comes to say goodbye.
    Great post Dana!

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    That was fantastic! I recently read bill at the rainbow bridge and was blown away by it..it's a quick read and I know most people on EBN have probably read it already but if you haven't you definitely should. It really makes you think and I can see how people would find it comforting when that dreaded time comes to say goodbye.
    Great post Dana!
    Hi Jim. I received Dan Carrison's book about Bill over the week-end. Thanks to EBN.He even signed it in memory of Rocky. It took me most of the day to read it. I would start crying and have to put it down. But I did read it. It was good. It seems like yesterday that I loss Rocky.Its so hard to say good bye. Every day Stinky and I go out back to the garden to say hi to Rocky and King Louie. I know it sounds strange but that's who I am. My dogs have always been my children.I call them my "substitute children"..lol since I never had children.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana F View Post
    Hi Jim. I received Dan Carrison's book about Bill over the week-end. Thanks to EBN.He even signed it in memory of Rocky. It took me most of the day to read it. I would start crying and have to put it down. But I did read it. It was good. It seems like yesterday that I loss Rocky.Its so hard to say good bye. Every day Stinky and I go out back to the garden to say hi to Rocky and King Louie. I know it sounds strange but that's who I am. My dogs have always been my children.I call them my "substitute children"..lol since I never had children.
    it doesn't sound strange at all Dana. I can't imagine the feeling and dread the inevitable time it will come. I read that book on a plane this summer and had to put it down a few times also...and I was only sad about leaving chum for a week! I read the EBN memorials every now and then just to read the stories of the happiness these guys gave their owners in their lifetime. They're heartbreaking but I feel like reading them keeps them alive in our memories.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I sit and read this through the tears in my eyes because I can't imagine the pain these poor un-rescued animals go through and it physically hurts my heart to think of the pain they must endure. I can't help but cry for them. This is so powerful thank you for posting. I will only rescue from now on if possible. This touched me so deeply I think the words and sentiment will always resonate in my heart!!!!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads