I still miss my Rocky

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
One year ago tonight I was up all night with my Rocky. Rocky was suppose to be my first bully..but turned out to be part bulldog/boxer.It really didn't matter I still loved him. On Oct 25 it was rainy and cold outside. Rocky started to act strange by pacing around the house non stop.After a hour of doing this I decided to put him to bed to see if that would calm him down. I put him in his crate and I laid down in bed. I heard him hit the side of his crate and he started to shake. I yelled at Leon to help him. I knew Rocky was having a seizure or stroke. Leon put his finger in the crate to try and calm him down. Rocky attacked and bite Leon's finger. I was so scared. called my vet and had talked to the vet that was on call..this happen around 8pm. He told me to keep a eye on him and that he would call me back in a hour. Well Rocky kept on having them one after another. And before one would start Rocky would look at me like he was saying " please help me mom...here comes another one". It broke my heart.I called every vet in town and NOT one vet would come to my house. I even told them that money was no problem. The problem was that they didnt make house calls. We live outside of town in the country. They would meet us in town at their office..but we couldnt get Rocky there. We couldnt risk the chance of letting him out of his crate and biting us. We knew he was very sick and was not in his right mind.Keep in mind that by now he is having them one right after another. There was nothing I could do but watch him. It broke my heart to watch my poor baby suffer. We thought about taking crate and all to the vets. But the crate was too big . Were we to break down the door way? Leon couldnt handle watching Rocky so he went to bed and left me there with Rocky. I got mad at him cause it was hard for me too. But later on I realize that it was so harder for him to watch. That was one of the longest nights ever. I will never forget the look on Rocky's face. He started to drool so I had to put rugs around his crate. I kept time of his seizures and he was having them every 15 mins.This went on all night. Finally at 8am I called my vet again..he had a mobile unit..but said he still couldnt make a house call cause they were busy. I couldnt take it any longer, neither could Leon. I thought for a min that Leon was gonna have to shoot Rocky.Leon's brother came over and they tore off the door frame. We wraped up Rocky's crate to put in the back of the truck. It was very cold and still rainy outside. I wanted to ride in the back with him but Leon wouldnt let me. When we got in town to the vets Rocky had all ready died. My poor baby had to die all alone.I was so mad at everyone. I blamed everyone for not helping Rocky. He didnt have to suffer like that. The vet said that he thought it was a brain tumor. We took my baby home to bury him in the back yard. I had never seen Leon cry or so upset before. It broke my heart to see him that way. It was hard for him to dig the hole. After that we cried all day and talked about all the fun times we had with Rocky. I still cry to this day. I miss him so much. After a week or so later I wanted to write a article in the news paper on how NO one would help my poor Rocky. But Leon was afraid that when we got another dog no vet would want us. So I kept my mouth shut. So tomorrow will be year since I loss my Rocky. There isnt a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I love and miss my Rocky. 549943_628155497198116_705806201_n.jpg

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
:cry: Reading this just made me cry!! I can't even imagine the pain of having to watch your baby suffer so horribly and have the double pain of NO ONE coming to his aid, however that is the same boat we would be in if something happened to Sheldon like that. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Rocky! These guys capture of a piece of our heart and when they go over the Rainbow Bridge they take that piece with them. :pray::pray2: for you and your family! Hugs and love and Sheldon sends wet sloppy muzzies!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my, the heartbreak for you & Leon enduring that nightmare of a night
then losing precious Rocky...I'm so sorry this happened, so sorry no one
cared enough to help him and so very sad with you for your loss of him.

Cami & I send our love & prayers for your grief & pain to ease. I too, have
a bully we lost after surgery, buried in my yard 9 months ago. I miss Brutus
every day. I and so many here, know the depths of your love & your loss.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry about your baby Rocky, may he rest in peace.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss... And for the way you were treated by the area vets. I have lost many pets over the years, and this year alone two bullies. It never gets easier, but Rocky knew love & that's what really counts! Sending prayers & hugs to you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow my heart breaks reading this, that had to have been the most sad and sorrowful time no one person should never have to go through.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this hard time of remembering such an incredible and tragic loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I just cant reading this without crying -im so sorry for your loss - they say time heals the wounds but ours are still open after losing our boxer girl too xxx may Rocky rest in peace xxxx

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
wow, I can't imagine what you went thru, I can't say it gets any easier b/c almost 5yrs ago we lost our great dane and I still miss her like yesterday, I think your learn to accept it. It's also ok to miss him still and grieve for him. Sorry for your loss...Praying for peace for you!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
i cried as I read your story. I have been through this-lost my husb. and same night my 1 yr. old German Shep died having seizures. I know how hard it is for you. Those are wounds that never heal, but we have to get "through it" not "over it". I am still here, which amazes me. Prayers for you...:pray2:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so sorry for the loss of your boy Rocky. You did the best you could do for him. You were with him and he knew how much you loved him. I know these are just words and that you're still hurting and missing him so much. He's at peace and in Heaven and one one day you will see him again. :hug:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh Dana I'm so sorry. I cried with you and for you. So sad that no one would help. People don't seem to realize that our dogs are our babies and we love them so much. No words will help you get past the pain of losing Rocky, but know that we feel your pain and are sending love and hugs your way!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dana.... what a horrible ordeal for you, Leon and Rocky.. My heart breaks for you.... please know your sweet boy is with you and always will be. Rocky is at the bridge playing and running free with all our babies that have past, my sweet Nitschke is there too, and, I , like you miss him every second, of every minute of every hour of everyday.

:hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so sorry you had to go thru that. Breaks my heart to read that, I pray stinky Pete gives you and Leon extra snuggles tonight.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online