Losing my dear JD to bone cancer

wvlady1965

Mar 28, 2013
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
JDAM (deceased) and Legend and Harley
Our dear JDAM has been battling a rear back leg to where she limped all the time. My vet at first thought it was a torn CCL, so as she was going to do the surgery and had her under anesthesia, got to maneurver it and decided it was not the knee. She thought giving her pain meds and cosemin would help her. It hasn't. As a matter of fact her front left paw started bothering her to. We figured it was because of over compensating for the hind leg and foot. More xrays were taken and sent to pathology and got the most awful news we could get. JDAM has bone cancer. :nope: It's a fast moving cancer and there is nothing that can be done for her. We have decided this week we need to put her down to get her out of her misery. She is 8 years old and we have had her 6 years out of that 8. I'm so lost and empty inside. I cry all the time. I want to take that pain away and keep her with me forever. I know that's impossible and that her end is near. She has been the most wonderful companion you could ask for. She has brought us so much joy and laughter and love.
I'm praying that God will give me the strength to do this. I love you JDAM. I love you.:angelheart:
We just recently got a puppy bully, he is 5 months old now. I think God knew the end was near for JDAM and led us to Little Legend. He lays with JDAM like he is trying to comfort her. I think dogs know, I don't know how, but they do. I'm asking everyone to please pray for JDAM for a quick passing over that rainbow bridge.

God bless

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You and you family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Poor JDAM..so sorry for all he has been through and the pain you're feeling right now. I can't imagine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: We lost a Rottie to bone cancer a few years ago. I have traveled the road you have ahead. Our Ana's was also very aggressive with no fight available. I can only tell you that someday, you will actually be thankful for the short amount of time you have to say goodbye. It's the hardest thing ever..but you need to know you are doing the best you can for your sweet girl. That hole in your heart will eventually fill with memories and even a few smiles. Peace to you and whisper in JD's ear to look for the great Rottie at the Bridge.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this, and are having to make the very unselfish but painful decision. You gave JDAM 6 years of love and care and she loved you back. She knew and felt your love. It's a hard decision to have to make, but very much a unselfish decision, you love her enough to not let her suffer anymore. I can't imagine the pain and sadness you must be feeling, and no words will make that go away, only time will. Sending love, hugs, and prayers that you have the strength emotionally to say goodbye to your sweet baby, and that JDAM has a peaceful, and painless passing to the rainbow bridge where she won't suffer with pain anymore. Hugs and love for you and your family.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So very sorry to hear this. Your love is the greatest gift you can give, in life and in passing. Sending prayers to you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear this, it's never easy to loose a loved one. She has had 6 good year of love with you, and her memory will last a life time. When the time comes at least you will be with her and can say your good byes and hold her when she goes, as it will be fast and painless for her. We are here for you so lean on us if you need to. Your little pup, I'm sure knows she doesn't feel well and he will miss her as well. Hugs to you and your family and again I'm so sorry.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Very sorry to read this, our hearts and prayers are with you.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I'm so sorry to hear this. That's the worse news we could ever get about our fur babies. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I hope JD can run and play with my Bdog when he makes it to the rainbow bridge!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
So sorry to hear of JDAM's diagnosis. Thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. May God bless JDAM and her journey to Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure she will love it there. Pain free and all the doggies she wants to play with.

:hug::hug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry to hear about your baby JDAM... I have lost 2 bullies this year, and I understand the pain & sorrow you feel. You are making the most unselfish decision to end her suffering, you have given her 6 years of love & that's all that any dog would ask for. I will be praying for you & your family, and please remember we are here to support you during this difficult time. God Bless...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm so so sorry too that you are having to go through this and that JD will be making a passing to Rainbow Bridge soon. Dogs do know when they are sick or hurt, it's in their natural senses. You are doing one of the most unselfish actions one can do in letting her go. I know you will cherish the time you have with her and love her immensely. Will be thinking of you and JD, well JD will cross peacefully and be out of pain. :hug:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
so sorry to read your heart breaking news.....hugsssssssssss....you are in my thoughts and prayers

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
So sorry you ate having to go through this. Those 6 years with you were filled w love and happiness. I can't even imagine the difficult decision you are faced with. Brie and I wish you and your family much support and strength.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.