Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Such a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful bully! I'm so sorry for your loss of Linus, he truly was a handsome bulldog!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Beautiful tribute, your words are felt deep within my heart. I am so thankful he went peacefully, but my heart aches so badly for you and your family. Linus was always a very special bully from the day he was born. RIP big boy, we will forever have you in our memories here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What a wonderful tribute you wrote, brought tears to my eyes, and I have just cried the last two day with you loosing your Linus. My heartfelt condolences. RIP sweet Linus.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
We will all miss Linus so much. He was such a handsome bully and the pictures of him brought us many smiles. What a blessing that he went gently out of this world. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you today and the difficult days ahead. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I am so sorry to hear of the loss if your gorgeous Linus.. I cried reading what you wrote...you were both so incredibly lucky to have had each other. Sending many hugs your way. Congratulations on your new baby coming.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Jill I am so sorry for your loss, that was so beautifully written I had tears reading that you had lost Linus he was such a beautiful boy and I too just loved the picture of him with his teddy and paw over cuddling it always brought a smile to my face each time I saw it. My heart goes out to you and your husband during this very sad time. :hug: to you both. RIP Sweet Linus you will always be remembered in our hearts here on EBN.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
The roses aren't as pretty
The sun isn't quite as high
The birds don't sing as sweet of a lullaby
The stars are a little bit faded
The clouds just a little more gray
And it feels like things won't ever be the same

Heaven got another angel the night
you left this world behind
Heaven got a little better the day
it took you away from me
I'm missing you tonight
I'll see you again sometime
For now I'll close my eyes
And dream of heaven tonight

The beaches aren't as lovely
The sky isn't quite as blue
Still they're sweetened by the memory of you
The rain is a little bit colder
The fire is never quite as warm
Still it seems that heaven isn't all that far

I'm spending a little more time now
With the things that mean a little bit more
I'm noticing the wonders of this world
I love with a little more hope now
I live with a little more peace
Cause I understand how precious life can be. Rest in everlasting peace sweet Angel

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
so sorry to hear this..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh my. I know there's nothing I can say that others haven't already. With a lump in my throat and tears rolling down my cheeks, I say....I so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Linus. He was so lucky to have such a great family that loved him. Deep Sigh.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words of comfort and support. I have read them now many, many times as I try to figure out how to live without my baby Linus and they are a great source of strength for me.

I wanted to share a few photos with everyone. First, the vet we took Linus' body to made us a beautiful imprint of his paw to remember him by that I will cherish forever:

20130801_110954.jpg

Next, most of you know Linus left behind his little brother Truman, who has begun his own grieving process. He looked everywhere for Linus today, sniffing his empty cage and his dog bed, in search of his friend. He finally came to rest snuggled up next to one of Linus' favorite toys, which you might recognize from the photos in the first post, Linus' big kitty stuffy. There Truman slept for 3 uninterrupted hours:

20130801_125820-1.jpg

And finally, Linus also left behind two kitty siblings, who also mourn his loss. Up until yesterday, Truman and our cat, Biggy's, relationship consisted of hissing and chasing. But that has now changed and they have relied on each other for comfort and companionship:

20130731_124923-1.jpg

Thank you again to everyone for your love and support...it makes all the difference!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]

Oh those pictures you just sent have just done me in... :cry:
I hope that you know we are all grieving w/you... ((HUGS))

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Such a beautiful tribute of Linus. :cry: Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss, and your family's loss, of Linus. It's so so hard to lose the ones that are the closet to us. Reading how Linus passed warms my heart knowing that he went to Rainbow Bridge so peacefully and at home. RIP sweet Linus!

:angelheart:

Last edited:

yoder

Jul 14, 2013
Edinboro, Pa
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
I am so sorry. As tears run down my face, I can only think that he had a great family who loved him unconditionally. I don't have my Bully pup yet, she will be arriving the last week of August, but reading about Linus makes me realize how precious these Bully's are to their families. You are a very strong and courageous lady.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My sincerest regrets on the passing of your beloved fur baby, you and your family will be in my prayers. :cry:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.