Goodbye Molly

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I would like to thank both you and Kim for the generosity and compassion that you shared with my family when we first brought Molly home. You shared ideas and advice that is and was invaluable. When we brought Molly home she had several small health issues, skin rash, ear infection and a blocked tear duct. With medication these were quick and easy to clear up. Her TOENAILS on the other paw were a different story. Two toenails were so long that they were pushing into the pads on her feet, the rest weren't that much better. In order to get her nails short enough to trim, I bought the smallest hobby file that I could find. Molly patiently sat on the floor with me for over 2 1/2 hours while I filed these nails away from the pads of her feet. Once I could fit the dremel under her nails we would sit together for a couple of minutes each day for her manicure. Then came the nose. The cracks in her nose were so deep that there scabs around her nostrils. She was not fond of the nose butter but lucky for me Molly was extremely food driven. Need a distraction? Crinkle a bag of treats :yes:. Molly may have been small in size but her heart was bulldog sized. We had a 15 y/o sheppard cross that had just had a stroke the day before Molly came home to us. Our younger sheppard (10 yrs) would not go anywhere near her. Molly wandered over to her and cuddled right up to her and stayed next to her until she recovered. :angelheart:With Molly's passing we have noticed a very large, bulldog shaped hole in our lives. I miss my Molly-Gator

Hi I am honored to hear how you and your family and others saved Molly. This is how old bully's should cross the bridge, with love in their hearts given by someone like you. :tissue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would like to thank both you and Kim for the generosity and compassion that you shared with my family when we first brought Molly home. You shared ideas and advice that is and was invaluable. When we brought Molly home she had several small health issues, skin rash, ear infection and a blocked tear duct. With medication these were quick and easy to clear up. Her TOENAILS on the other paw were a different story. Two toenails were so long that they were pushing into the pads on her feet, the rest weren't that much better. In order to get her nails short enough to trim, I bought the smallest hobby file that I could find. Molly patiently sat on the floor with me for over 2 1/2 hours while I filed these nails away from the pads of her feet. Once I could fit the dremel under her nails we would sit together for a couple of minutes each day for her manicure. Then came the nose. The cracks in her nose were so deep that there scabs around her nostrils. She was not fond of the nose butter but lucky for me Molly was extremely food driven. Need a distraction? Crinkle a bag of treats :yes:. Molly may have been small in size but her heart was bulldog sized. We had a 15 y/o sheppard cross that had just had a stroke the day before Molly came home to us. Our younger sheppard (10 yrs) would not go anywhere near her. Molly wandered over to her and cuddled right up to her and stayed next to her until she recovered. :angelheart:With Molly's passing we have noticed a very large, bulldog shaped hole in our lives. I miss my Molly-Gator

So sorry for the hole in your heart.... but keep talking about those memories! It is what helps me with missing my boy! :hug:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Molly is happy in heaven with all her friends that have passed. I sit here with tears in my eyes for two reasons. One that this sweet baby had such a rough life, and two that she also knew what it was to feel love before she passed to the angels in heaven thanks to some angels here on earth.Your family was exactly what this baby needed before she went on to her next journey.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.