ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wellie was the runt of the litter when Bella had her puppies on Dec 14th. Of course we thought he was the most adorable puppy ever, but little did we realize that he would have so many health issues. Wellie had a severe case of hydrocephalus & spinal issues. He was blind & unable to eat or drink on his own... he also was having issues walking. My husband & I were hand feeding him four times a day, and we realized that this was not the kind of life that he wanted... he wanted to be just like his big brother Winston & run like the big dogs! On April 5th I had him put to sleep, one of the hardest days of my life... All I ever wanted for him was to be a normal dog, but that was not to be & I refused to have him suffer any longer. He's in God's hands now, and I know he's waiting for me at the Rainbow's Bridge. Rest in peace little buddy... We Love & Miss You ; (

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 171

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww bless his heart. Poor baby, but at least he's not suffering anymore. RIP. little guy. You made a heart wrenching, difficult decision that was best for him, and unselfish of you. I'm so sorry for your loss and pain, no words I can say will make that go away, only time will heal, you will always have the memories of him, and I'm sure even though he had his health difficulties of not being able to walk, and he couldn't eat on his own, or see, he definitely heard you, and felt you, and he knew you cared for and loved him, in his short life. He's free of pain and suffering now.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
This is so heartbreaking, I am so sorry for your loss but you made the best decision for him as he is not suffering any longer. I am sorry for your loss of Bella too. :cry:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he's running with the others at the rainbow bridge now.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
That black & white pic of Wellie is just precious, such a gentle soul.

It's so difficult letting them go, I applaud your courage & unselfish
act of love.

Bella & Wellie are well & happy with Jesus, as will we all be one fine
day...GOD bless!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so sorry for your loss ... one of the most difficult decisions to ever make. :*(

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
This is so sad. So sorry for your little buddy and the pain all concerned went though. And here's to the rainbow bridge where all our beloved dogs of the past are in health and awaiting our arrival

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you all for your kind words... Wellie's loss has been very hard on me. Even harder than Bella... he never even got a chance.

I would like to add that our Vet was amazing, we were giving Wellie 4 meds twice a day, and he also made a shunt for him... Everyday he would text me more research he had found regarding Wellie's issues. In the end we had to accept that eventually he would not survive...

My sincere gratitude to all of those caring for special needs bullies!!! It is a huge commitment, God Bless them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Heartbreaking! So sorry for your loss and the difficult decision you had to make.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Absolutely beautiful pictures.... so much heart break in such a short period of time for you. :hug:

Rest in peace sweet little boy

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Awwww, what a sweet boy! You gave him the best life he could have been blessed with. I know his time was short but he was a gift just like all our bullies are no matter how long or short the time we have them for.

RIP Little Wellie I know you're running and playing with Bella.
:heart:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Wellie was the runt of the litter when Bella had her puppies on Dec 14th. Of course we thought he was the most adorable puppy ever, but little did we realize that he would have so many health issues. Wellie had a severe case of hydrocephalus & spinal issues. He was blind & unable to eat or drink on his own... he also was having issues walking. My husband & I were hand feeding him four times a day, and we realized that this was not the kind of life that he wanted... he wanted to be just like his big brother Winston & run like the big dogs! On April 5th I had him put to sleep, one of the hardest days of my life... All I ever wanted for him was to be a normal dog, but that was not to be & I refused to have him suffer any longer. He's in God's hands now, and I know he's waiting for me at the Rainbow's Bridge. Rest in peace little buddy... We Love & Miss You ; (
My heart is breaking for your loss...I'm sad that you suffered his loss but glad he isn't suffering anymore and is on the Rainbow Bridge awaiting your reunion.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i am so sorry for your loss. you made a difficult descision and he is at peace now running at the bridge. :cry:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online