Our Annie has Gone to the Rainbow Bridge

goatheaven

Nov 6, 2010
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Annie
Our 9 1/2 year old bully Annie left this world Thursday morning around 6:30 a.m. She had been doing so well even playing ball Monday night after supper which is unusual for her. Her allergies had gotten better and she was really enjoying itch free life until midnight Tuesday night when she experienced a severe seizure. The next seizure came Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. before we could get to the vet. The prescribed meds and we went home and started it but things got even worse on the meds. She ended up having 7 seizures in 24 hours with a loss of all bodily functions including vomiting, extreme breathing problems, turning blue, and wandering aimlessly around like she was not aware of where she was. I made the vet come early Thursday morning to end her suffering. It was so hard to do. She was my child. My whole life revolved around her. This time is so hard. I wish so much she was still here with me but I would never let her suffer those horrible seizures again. The vet thinks she had a brain tumor or her organs were shutting down from liver disease. We will miss her forever. My house is empty.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am so very, very sorry that Annie is gone from you.

The silence and emptiness of the house without them is awful.

I will keep you in my prayers & my thoughts, thank you for giving
Annie such a loving & wonderful life...she was a lucky bully.

GOD be with you thru this difficult time...I know how bad your heart
hurts...RIP sweet Annie!
:heart:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh I am just so sorry for your loss. We lost our angel a year ago in May, and I feel your sorrow as deeply as I feel my own.

Take comfort in that you had a wonderful 9 1/2 years with your Annie, and got to know a bully's true love.

The pain will never go away, don't believe anybody who tells you it will .... but I promise you that you will find ways to deal with it.

:heart:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So so very sorry to read this. :hug: Prayers of comfort for you. :pray:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I am so sorry. You will always miss your baby, but take comfort in that fact they you were ale to give her a loving home. She will always love you!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was loved and will be resting in peace now.

Bossy Boots

Feb 5, 2012
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
So very sorry for your loss.She's at peace now.Remember you gave Annie the best life a Bully could ever have.You ended her suffering.Annie will always walk beside you.Annie's your Angel.Hope all these words from me and the others are helping you.Please take comfort in knowing that we all understand what your going through.Take Care.And remember the good times with Annie!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I am so very sorry :( my thoughts and prayers are with you !

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I am so sorry for your loss. Annie is now with other bully angels in rainbow bridge :heart: Lots of love going your way from Ulysses and I.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:angelheart:I'm so sorry to be reading this, and so sorry for your loss of your precious Annie, and the pain and heartache you're going through right now. No words can be said that will take away your pain or grief, only time will do that. As wonderful as it is to own a EB, the worst part of it is the lifespan of the average bully is 8 to 10 years, and this totally sucks. It's not enough time, and it means that one day each of us will someday be going though the same thing. But even knowing this what we get from these beautiful animals is unconditional love, bully licks and kisses, frustration, and most of all daily laughter from all their silly antics. You had 9 and 1/2 great years with Annie, and she with you, she knows you loved her, and she made your life better because she was part of your family. The pain will never totally go away, I know because I lost my 14 year old Jack Russell almost 3 years ago, and it took me 2 years to decide to get another dog again, and now I have 2 beautiful EB siblings, they are 15 months old now, and I'm so glad I have them. I still miss my Oreo, and always will, but as time goes on, the good memories of her outnumber the sadness of her loss, and maybe one day, you will get there too. Sending you love, hugs and prayers your way, that you find a way to grieve and mourn your baby. Shedding tears with you. So sorry. Take care Hun, and keep in touch with EBN.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I am so sorry, I know what your going thru. Just know that she loved you so much. just know that she is at the Rainbow Bridge playing with my Gunnyboy and they are waiting to see us again.
I can tell you it gets easier with time, but it dosent. I still cry and miss him with all my heart, you will too. I have 2 bully babies that give me the will to go on without him. again I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for your loss, it's never easy losing your baby. Just know she will be waiting on you at the bridge one day and she will be pain free and healthy.

Kt126126

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I just put down my Abby down Tuesday and I know exactly how you are feeling right now. My prayers are with you and your family. Are house is very empty now too. We are keeping busy to pass the time. I'm sure her and Abby are playing ball together in a better place : )

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online