Just lost my baby

Kt126126

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
I just wanted to let everyone know, I lost my Abby yesterday to heart disease. I had no idea I was going to have to say good bye. My heart is empty and I've cried so many tears since yesterday. We only had her for a short period of time (1yr) but we loved her soooooo much.

Abby had a terrible start in life with someone who abused her, it was terrible. We did everything we could to give her a good home. She was the queen, thatā€™s for sure! Even with us taking good care of her she had terrible allergy issues and we also found she ate plastic which had to be surgically removed. We had no idea about both when we adopted her. The allergies caused her lots of health problems. Which, I was finally able to cure a few months ago with the help of this site. I was suggested to home feed her. It worked soo well!!! No more medication, no more weekly doctor visits, finally things are starting to look up for our Abby. I was so happy because she finally could just enjoy life and be at peace. Until three weeks ago, we went on vacation and came home and she wasnā€™t acting like herself. We first thought she was home sick, but the problem just got worse. She wasnā€™t breathing correctly, had no energy, wasnā€™t eating right, just not herself. I took her to the vet who heard some liquid in her lungs. Thinking she might of taken some water in when drinking. We had her on medication for ten days and the hacking went away but not the other side effects. I was told to give it a week see how she does. We started to notice mid last week her abdomen was swollen. I was praying it was something that we could fix. I took her in yesterday and the doctor pulled liquid from her lungs and heard her heart was weak. She said it could be her heart or lungs and suggested I take her to the hospital right away. I rushed her over to see what they could do. Wish now I took my time and let her enjoy her last car ride. That was her favorite thing to do. They reviewed her symptoms and said they felt all signs pointed to heart disease. We could have an x-ray and E.C.G done, but even with that, they thought she would only have six month to live with extensive care/medication. We made the choice that we would just put her down. I couldnā€™t stand to see her suffer anymore and not to make me happy. I would have done anything to keep her around if I knew she would have been okay. I sooo wanted to take her back home and spend one more night with her. She was soo upset being there and that just broke my heart. When they brought her into the room she ran on my lap wagging her stub to take her home. I knew we couldnā€™t do that. If I was given the right age Abby was just a little older than 3. My poor baby had a terrible life and Iā€™m sorry I couldnā€™t do more to help her.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support in the last year. This site has help us out so much to make Abbyā€™s life as good as we could make it.
I ask if everyone could say a little pray for my babygirl tonight.:pray: Mommy and Daddy loved you Abby with all our heart and soul we will see you again one day. xoxox

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is such sad and shocking news. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Abby. Even though her time with you was so short, you were able to show Abby what true love is and provide her with such a caring and loving home. My heart goes out to you.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry to read this. But you gave Abby such a happy time in her life, and she knew you were her true mommy and daddy. I am praying for all of you!! Hugs from Ct.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so sorry for you, my heart goes out to you. We lost our French 1 year ago today and I know our Mickey and your Abby are playing together right now pain free.

Please know if it wasn't for you she would never had known Love and you gave her the best life she could ever possibly have. :heart:

xtina615

May 31, 2013
Nashville, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
I am sitting at my desk at work with tears streaming down my face!! :*( I am SO saddened for you!!!! That whole story completely breaks my heart, but she was so lucky to have you. I hope your heart will be able to heal with some time- prayers for you guys! :pray:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I`m so sorry to hear about Abby`s passing. No words can ease the pain you must be feeling now but you have done the best for Abby and showed her unconditional love. She`s up in doggy heaven right now playing with all the other bullies and dogs just waiting for the day you guys meet again. Lots of love and hugs being sent your way

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I am so heartbroken for you. There is nothing anyone can say to take away your pain. But know that Abby knew that you loved her so very much. All we can ask for in life is to love and be loved!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Having gone through the same thing with my sweet Trixie just six months ago, my heart is breaking for you. Trixie had the same symptoms. Abby was so lucky that you gave her a good home and the love she had never known. I am crying tears of sadness for you, but happy tears that sweet Abby had such a good life with you. <hugs>

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I"m so sorry for your loss...I will pray for your sweet Abby and know she's resting in Heaven watching over you forever more!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So very sorry at your sudden loss, my heart goes out to and will say a prayer for you both :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you and your family. I'm positive Abby knew she was loved.

SugarBuggerBear

Apr 12, 2013
Hinesville, Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sugar
I am sitting at work too crying. I am so sorry for your loss. I just picked up my Sugar at the vet and she has to have soft palate surgery. She has been drooling really bad lately. I will say a prayer for you. I know it is hard.

RipleyandBentley

May 13, 2013
Brighton, Colorado
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley Jaxon & Bentley Winston
I am so sorry to hear about Abby. This just heart wrenching and sad. Please know that from the time you got Abby, she knew how much you loved her and was happy to be with you. Prayer and hugs to you..

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.