Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh Bonita I am so sorry to be reading this of Angus, I cant imagine how you are feeling right now but please know we are all here thinking of you in this very sad time Ftse and I are sending a hug your way. :hug: RIP Sweet Angus

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
So many wonderful things have been said already!

He knew you loved him and he will be missed.

I'm so sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

OP
lovemydog

lovemydog

Apr 16, 2013
Wichita, KS
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2011-2013), Orrla (2009-2020), Dugall
Now I'm a little bit claim and want to tell you the full story. We thought that Angus had a thorn on his paw, that any vet can take a look and pull it out, therefore we brought him to emergency vet hospital during the weekend, even though itā€™s expensive. When we got into the emergency hospital, the vet found out that itā€™s an abscess on his paw, he was limping and was having some trouble breathing. It didnā€™t help when he was waiting in the emergency vet hospital for an hour, he was really worked-up. What he needed was local anesthesia and to release the blood spot on his left paw.Angus did not make it through the surgery, he couldnā€™t breathe then his heart stop. We took the report to our vet, he found that they didn't use the right kind of anesthesia for bulldog. The vet in the emergency hospital was a young woman just started on January, we should know better that.. I'm still blaming myself to not seeing that and encouraged Angus to go to the surgery theater....

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Now I'm a little bit claim and want to tell you the full story. We thought that Angus had a thorn on his paw, that any vet can take a look and pull it out, therefore we brought him to emergency vet hospital during the weekend, even though itā€™s expensive. When we got into the emergency hospital, the vet found out that itā€™s an abscess on his paw, he was limping and was having some trouble breathing. It didnā€™t help when he was waiting in the emergency vet hospital for an hour, he was really worked-up. What he needed was local anesthesia and to release the blood spot on his left paw.Angus did not make it through the surgery, he couldnā€™t breathe then his heart stop. We took the report to our vet, he found that they didn't use the right kind of anesthesia for bulldog. The vet in the emergency hospital was a young woman just started on January, we should know better that.. I'm still blaming myself to not seeing that and encouraged Angus to go to the surgery theater....

Please don't ever ever EVER blame yourself. You did the right thing by taking him to an emergency vets for something that should have been routine. Freakish things happen. It's not right that he was taken from you and you can scream at the sky at the top of your lungs, but blaming yourself and going though a never-ending list of "what if's ....." does nothing. Grieve and learn to remember the happy times.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Oh my dear friend...tears for your heartache & guilt...it's only natural to blame ourselves when things
go wrong, after all, we make the decisions but please don't do it. You did the very best thing you could
do to help Angus at a time of extreme duress and IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

Forgive yourself and take all the time you need to grieve for beloved Angus, your love and your mourning
him is sacred work. Be kind & gentle to yourself, you've endured a terrible shock and a very hard loss.
It will be difficult in these coming days, surround yourself with good people that understand all this.

It is not fair and not right and Angus was way too young to die so soon, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Come here as often as you need to and post your feelings to us...we've had these unfair & untimely losses
losses and understand the devastation it leaves in your lives and in your hearts...we understand your pain.

Praying GOD's comfort, strength, peace & love helps you get thru today and everyday thereafter.
:angelheart:

OP
lovemydog

lovemydog

Apr 16, 2013
Wichita, KS
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2011-2013), Orrla (2009-2020), Dugall
Thank you for all your support, love and advise. This is not the way to get me down, even though the Emergency Hospital did it all wrong with Angus, and the way they consider $$$$ before life, that's all wrong, pets have life too. I fighted back just like my son Angus would be.
THE HEALING POWER HOUSE
My husband an I cried for the whole day thinking of what should we do without our only child, Angus. Some friends said 'take a vacation', no, we were not in the mood. Then we decided to call the bleeder and registered for another puppy (from Angus father). We knew that there's no chance to have another puppy for this year since we just brought Angus to see his father, they impressed. It's our fate, the bleeder kept one puppy for the dog show (same father). Once we looked at him, we're in love, his name is 'Dugall Angus'. They also said that his mother, Oreo, is going to be retired, she is such a pretty bulldog, and mother & son were so nice and fun together, we hated to see them separated, we adopted her as well. From none to two, we've have a roller-coaster week.
From time to time, we still cry our eyes out thinking/mention of Angus, nothing can replace him. He was my first pet ever and my only child.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Very sorry for your loss. Hoping your new babies will heal some of the pain.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you for all your support, love and advise. This is not the way to get me down, even though the Emergency Hospital did it all wrong with Angus, and the way they consider $$$$ before life, that's all wrong, pets have life too. I fighted back just like my son Angus would be.
THE HEALING POWER HOUSE
My husband an I cried for the whole day thinking of what should we do without our only child, Angus. Some friends said 'take a vacation', no, we were not in the mood. Then we decided to call the bleeder and registered for another puppy (from Angus father). We knew that there's no chance to have another puppy for this year since we just brought Angus to see his father, they impressed. It's our fate, the bleeder kept one puppy for the dog show (same father). Once we looked at him, we're in love, his name is 'Dugall Angus'. They also said that his mother, Oreo, is going to be retired, she is such a pretty bulldog, and mother & son were so nice and fun together, we hated to see them separated, we adopted her as well. From none to two, we've have a roller-coaster week.
From time to time, we still cry our eyes out thinking/mention of Angus, nothing can replace him. He was my first pet ever and my only child.

For heavens sake, you are going to have Angus in your heart and his family in your house too. Now isn't that something to be healing for. God Bless you and Angus and his mama and half brother. Nice breeder you have there.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm just now reading your story... So sorry for you loss. I just lost my bully Bella 3 weeks ago during her spay! I have felt horribly guilty about this... Never in a million years did I think she wouldn't make it ; ( breaks my heart! I'm glad that you now have 2 bullies to love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.