It has been almost a year

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
I cant believe almost a year has passed since we lost Lucy.(4-3-12) I had made a memorial album for her, but never had the strength to order it, so I did today. It may be another year before I can look at it. My heart is still broken, I miss her so deeply lucy and squirrel.jpgIMG_0361.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:hug:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Lucy. Making a memorial album can be so therapeutic and helps us to work thru the grief. I know she's looking down from Heaven and watching over you. One day you will be able to look thru your album and remember all the happy times you shared w/Lucy. She will always live in your heart. :assurred:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So sorry for your loss of Lucy.

She was a beautiful girl and in time you will be able to sit down and look at the album and remember the joyfull times you had together.

a big:hug: for you.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She was a beauty, and it's never easy when they are gone, but she will always be in your heart.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: .... it will always hurt, as the pain is something we add to our daily lives, but remember she is and will always be with you

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My dear friend, we all so understand and that helps, you know your not alone.

But the deep grief tearing you apart, shredding your heart, no one and no words
can help, its solitary work and hard, hard work at that.

Remember, grieving is sacred work, done on behalf of our loved one so take pride
in that...you are doing sacred work. Remember too, as much as you miss her, as big
as that hole in your heart, Lucy is with GOD, romping & playing, happy & healthy and
one day, she will run as fast as her short legs can run, to greet you and forever be
together then!

Be extra loving & kind to yourself, be gentle and accepting of your sadness. Lucy was
very lucky to be so loved & missed by you. I can tell by her face how very sweet and
exceptional she was. Lifting your hurting heart up to GOD...muck love, Carol

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I still remember that day. Can't believe it's been a year already. Hugs friend, may your pain ease thinking if happy memories.

KristizHarleyGirl

Apr 11, 2012
Green Bay (area), Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
It's the final countdown until I say goodbye to my angel too. She'll never know how much counseling she saved me w/ just a look at her beautifully pathetic face.

My heart breaks as I muster the strength to face this decision because I can't allow my best friend to suffer another day of pain. Aging has taken hold of my once playful girl and I'm forced to deal with the lesson of her loss, for her sake. My only relief is a vision of her & all the other Bully angels waiting to greet her before they wiggle off together, pain-free, for an eternity of cookies and butt scratches.

I'm humbled by your loss and your strength to share it. My grief feels so unbearable right now but I wouldn't change it because I'm forever grateful to have had the love of a bulldog.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's the final countdown until I say goodbye to my angel too. She'll never know how much counseling she saved me w/ just a look at her beautifully pathetic face.

My heart breaks as I muster the strength to face this decision because I can't allow my best friend to suffer another day of pain. Aging has taken hold of my once playful girl and I'm forced to deal with the lesson of her loss, for her sake. My only relief is a vision of her & all the other Bully angels waiting to greet her before they wiggle off together, pain-free, for an eternity of cookies and butt scratches.

I'm humbled by your loss and your strength to share it. My grief feels so unbearable right now but I wouldn't change it because I'm forever grateful to have had the love of a bulldog.

Lifting you & Harley in prayer, hoping GOD's presence fills your heart
w/the strength & resolve you need to do the last, loving thing for your girl.

Welcome to EBN, the members here know your pain & feel your loss.
​We are here to listen & grieve with you...keeping you in my thoughts. Carol

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=4262]LucysMom[/MENTION] I'm so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking when our babies have to leave us. Please know your in my thoughts and prayers...God Bless.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online