Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Leslie I am so upset reading your post that you have lost poor Abby, and yes you did do the right thing for Abby even thou at times you will feel you have not this is normal Richard and I was only talking yesterday did we do the right thing when we put our pug Pugsley to sleep in 2004 at age 13 he had a stroke we went on for about three days and the same as Abby could not get up and wee or anything just laid there all day and night and that is no life for anyone and then just six weeks later I had another horrible decision on my shoulders do i end my mothers life she was on life support after an operation and I still ask myself every day did I do the right thing even thou deep down I know we did, just the same as you have done the right thing fr Abby.
I am also very sad for you in losing your partner, but Leslie these times are to test us and life will soon look up for you in this department Ftse and I send you and Bella some very big :hug2: in your very sad time and know that we are all here to listen to you.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Everyone has said more then I can even think right now. I can't stop crying <3.

We <3 you so much!

You will be in my prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Praying for comfort for your heartache. :pray: :hug:

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I really really feel for you, 14 months ago my baileys passed away. I still think I ll open the door and she ll be there.
You were both lucky to have found each other. Think of the good times you both had.
Your baby's not suffering anymore xx

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh leslie dear as i sit here trying to type through my tears and sorrow for you just know that you did the right thing for abby. you will probably always question it but i think deep down you know it was her time. i so hope that your heart heals soon and that these things going on in your life will get better. you know that your partner leaving was a blessing in disquise to you as well she wasnt the same person she was when you met. just know me and sarah are here with :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It has all been said above, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time in your life. You are loved by many.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm so very sorry for everything you're going through right now. Just the thought of losing my pup brings me to tears.
Good thing is it sounds like you have a great support system between your son and friend. They'll help you get through this :hug:.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I am so so sorry for your loss and the events that happened. There isn't anything else I can say that hasn't been said already. I'm just so sorry :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh Leslie.... Please don't second guess yourself. You did the only honorable and most unselfish thing anyone could. She knew the love she had with you and is still with you. I too wish you didn't have to go thru so much. I never understand how such awesome people can be put thru such hell when the horrible ones just live on fine. :hug:

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
They say time heals everything but I don't believe that. I believe we grow into our pain like an old, hand-me-down coat. You just hold your head up high and hold your Bella close and remember that you did the right thing and the right thing is never the easy thing. I hope I am half as strong as you when the time comes.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
God bless you for making a decision that is oh so difficult, but the right thing to do for your sweet girl. I wish from reading your post I could help ease your pain. Thoughts and prayers go out to you. Hang in there, for this too shall pass. Much love from Otis and Lynn

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I wish I could take some of the pain away Leslie. But it never does go away, it just stays there and you learn to exist with it. It's been almost 10 months since Maggie was taken away from us and even now I still have pangs of guilt that I didn't do enough, and that there was something else I should have been able to do to save her from the cancer.

The rational side of me realises that these are silly thoughts, but my heart says something else. So everything you are going through and feeling .. well just know that you are not alone. We all have suffered in this way, in some shape or form. And that's what brings us here for comfort because here there will be understanding and compassion that you may not get in the "real world".

Keep crying and keep thinking of her. She's alive at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you, and one day you'll feel her kisses and her breath on your cheek again.

:heart:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry for your loss and all that you have been through lately. It always seems to be when it rains, it pours. Abby was such a beautiful girl and knew such a loving home. You did the toughest thing a good fur parent can do, try to find the right time to say goodbye. Even though the pain won't go away for a long time, there is comfort that you were there with her at the end and Abby knew she was loved. Hugs to you and Bella.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Oh how I know your angst! On both counts. The sting of feeling betrayed is "the gift that keeps on giving" (at least for me). And long after Marcie was gone and Mable died, it was THEN that I thought, "Now I know real pain." The latter was far more devastating then the former. I went to work -- so as to busy my mind -- and all I could think of was, "How can the world go on as if NOTHING HAS HAPPENED?!?" My heart was broken and no one knew this pain I felt. I was wrong. Thankfully, I had friends -- true friends -- at work who in sharing their grief, made mine more manageable somehow. My eyes tear up as I remember that time now -- and that was four years ago. But it does get better. There was a long time where I couldn't mention Mable's name without bawling uncontrollably -- and I'm a VERY in control type person. I thought I was going insane or just broken forever.

Abby lived an INCREDIBLE fifteen years! That's like a thousand in Bulldog Years. Did you do the best thing for her? Absolutely. You always have because you had fifteen wonderful years to show for it!! We should all enjoy that kind of time. In your heartache, please take a moment to recognize the gift in that. It's a precious one and highly unusual. You were blessed. As Abby was to have you and your family. (well, except for that bitch that screwed around on you. LOL)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online