Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My heart still aches

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My heart still aches

Oh Leslie.... Please don't second guess yourself. You did the only honorable and most unselfish thing anyone could. She knew the love she had with you and is still with you. I too wish you didn't have to go thru so much. I never understand how such awesome people can be put thru such hell when the horrible ones just live on fine.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

They say time heals everything but I don't believe that. I believe we grow into our pain like an old, hand-me-down coat. You just hold your head up high and hold your Bella close and remember that you did the right thing and the right thing is never the easy thing. I hope I am half as strong as you when the time comes.

If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

God bless you for making a decision that is oh so difficult, but the right thing to do for your sweet girl. I wish from reading your post I could help ease your pain. Thoughts and prayers go out to you. Hang in there, for this too shall pass. Much love from Otis and Lynn
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could take some of the pain away Leslie. But it never does go away, it just stays there and you learn to exist with it. It's been almost 10 months since Maggie was taken away from us and even now I still have pangs of guilt that I didn't do enough, and that there was something else I should have been able to do to save her from the cancer.

The rational side of me realises that these are silly thoughts, but my heart says something else. So everything you are going through and feeling .. well just know that you are not alone. We all have suffered in this way, in some shape or form. And that's what brings us here for comfort because here there will be understanding and compassion that you may not get in the "real world".

Keep crying and keep thinking of her. She's alive at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you, and one day you'll feel her kisses and her breath on your cheek again.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry for your loss and all that you have been through lately. It always seems to be when it rains, it pours. Abby was such a beautiful girl and knew such a loving home. You did the toughest thing a good fur parent can do, try to find the right time to say goodbye. Even though the pain won't go away for a long time, there is comfort that you were there with her at the end and Abby knew she was loved. Hugs to you and Bella.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Oh how I know your angst! On both counts. The sting of feeling betrayed is "the gift that keeps on giving" (at least for me). And long after Marcie was gone and Mable died, it was THEN that I thought, "Now I know real pain." The latter was far more devastating then the former. I went to work -- so as to busy my mind -- and all I could think of was, "How can the world go on as if NOTHING HAS HAPPENED?!?" My heart was broken and no one knew this pain I felt. I was wrong. Thankfully, I had friends -- true friends -- at work who in sharing their grief, made mine more manageable somehow. My eyes tear up as I remember that time now -- and that was four years ago. But it does get better. There was a long time where I couldn't mention Mable's name without bawling uncontrollably -- and I'm a VERY in control type person. I thought I was going insane or just broken forever.

Abby lived an INCREDIBLE fifteen years! That's like a thousand in Bulldog Years. Did you do the best thing for her? Absolutely. You always have because you had fifteen wonderful years to show for it!! We should all enjoy that kind of time. In your heartache, please take a moment to recognize the gift in that. It's a precious one and highly unusual. You were blessed. As Abby was to have you and your family. (well, except for that bitch that screwed around on you. LOL)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Frankie
    Likes (Received)

My gosh, you have been to hell and back. Know that you absolutely did the right thing NO QUESTION about that! I know how hard this is. Especially because our fur babies do not hurt us intentionally and their love is unconditional unlike our partners. I have also recently lost my dad and know how painful that is. All I can say is allow yourself to mourn and cry for your loss. It hurts, its SUCKS, but the sun will still come up tomorrow and its a new day. Love your fur baby you still have physically here with you, they need the love as well. I hope that you find peace in your heart soon!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nate
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss and difficulties over the last several weeks. Know in your heart that you made the best decision in letting her go. She is no longer suffering. Keep those memories in your heart and keep your chin up.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

When my boxer Gracie was hit by a car and died the next day, I too was a basketcase. I went to work and would just start balling for no reason. I too am an incontrol person and would be so ashamed of myself for allowing my emotions to show. One time my boss said, after her dog was hit by a car and lived, that her dog cost so much money she was happy he lived and it was a good investment. I lost it. Thank God I don't work for her anymore.

I hope all of you had a nice Easter, I know its hard for some of you because the wounds are still fresh. This is a great community, here for each other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads