Heff RIP Re Up

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I put his back up on You Tube as per request by some. You can change the video setting to 1080p for better quality.

Still makes us cry......

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Re: Heef RIP Re Up

It's been 8 months since Maggie passed away and , quite honestly, the pain never goes away. :hug:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Re: Heef RIP Re Up

I can relate to the pain of losing a beloved pet member of the family, we lost our Jack Russell almost 3 years ago, then last summer, we got our 2 bully babies, but you never stop missing the ones who have passed. Your video memorial is beautiful, Heff was a beautiful boy, and you must really miss him. I'm so sorry for your loss.

L

Lucy-licious

RIP sweet baby boy....keep that bed warm for your daddy x

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I'm sorry for your loss and pain. Mac and Cleo are our first bullies and I can't even imagine the pain we'll feel when their times come. Thank you for sharing.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Heff102...

Thank you for reposting that...when Heff died, I'd just joined up here at EBN
because I'd adopted my 1st bully, Brutus, a rehomed 4 y/o sweet boy.

6 weeks later I lost my beloved and wonderful husband of 26 years and your
tribute song, Barry Manilow's, 'Without You' rang thru my mind often, every
word so true and deeply felt in my terrible grief.

Then, in a cruel twist, I lost my sweetheart, Brutus, just 2 weeks ago, he didn't
make it thru a deep teeth cleaning, his bloodwork normal, he came thru the surgery
and was awake...15 minutes later, gone.

I admit, I completely fell apart, I had fallen so deeply and completely in love with him.

So, your devotion and depth of your love and adoration of Heff and having him so much
longer than me and Brutus (6 months) tears at my heart for your loss of him.

It's hard, just so hard every day without them sharing each & every moment with us.

I am sorry for your loss of such a magnificent bully as Heff, I pray you & yours are healing
with sweet Lulu's love to help you thru each day.

With
@Davidh, [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] help and generosity of heart and spirit, I am
getting a sweet bully girl, Little Bee, on Feb 8th, a divine valentine from GOD.

Like you...I am going to open my heart and mind and receive love and give love in return.

That is how we are overcomers in life and not helpless victims of fate and honor the memory
of those we've loved and lost...being open and willing to chose love, to chose life every chance
we are blessed to receive.

RIP, Heff, Brutus and everyone's special, beloved ones, gone too soon from us-Much love, Carol

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I have to say Heff was absolutely handsome!! What an amazing nose rope.
To this day I still miss tank and Jax..I was lucky enough to have tank for 12.5 years and Jax for 10 but its still never long enough.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We all so miss him I cannot even imagine how much you do. Thank you for sharing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
What a beautiful tribute Heff, he was such a handsome boy. When we lose our adorable pets it is very hard to deal with as we love them like our children.

RIP Beautiful Heff.

OP
Heff102

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Hi there, this makes my heart ache. What happened to Heff? I'm so so sorry for your loss.

Long story short he started to retain water really bad so we rushed him to the University Vet College. I went there fully expecting oh they will keep him a few days either operate or use drugs and badabing badaboom I will bring him back home and all will be well. 7 hours later I was crying holding him as they administered the drugs to put him under.

His kidneys were failing big time and he was having a hard time to breath etc etc. Basically the vets (several saw him) said there was nothing they could do for him.

Worse day of my life.

Then came back home really upset so gathered up all the dog stuff in our home and donated it to our local shelter.....8 days later in walks Lulu into our life.

It is so amazing how she has so many of the EXACT same traits as Heff did. I keep telling my wife that she is Heff re incarnated. Except right now she is into her "Bratty" stage and is starting to wreck stuff in the home...but dang how can you possibly get mad at that face. My wife gets mad as me and says man she can do anything she wants and you will just not discipline her! I say of course not look at how cute she is!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Long story short he started to retain water really bad so we rushed him to the University Vet College. I went there fully expecting oh they will keep him a few days either operate or use drugs and badabing badaboom I will bring him back home and all will be well. 7 hours later I was crying holding him as they administered the drugs to put him under.

His kidneys were failing big time and he was having a hard time to breath etc etc. Basically the vets (several saw him) said there was nothing they could do for him. Worse day of my life.

:hug: thank you for posting this... I did not see it the first time around. I just remember the sudden loss of your handsome boy and I too feel and share your pain. Very similar situation with Nitshcke woke up in the morning he was sick, took him to the vet thinking he would be home that night, NEVER did I think I would be holding him in hysterics saying goodbye 6 hours later. It has been 15 months and the pain is as deep as it was on that day :hug:

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget

His kidneys were failing big time and he was having a hard time to breath etc etc. Basically the vets (several saw him) said there was nothing they could do for him.

Worse day of my life.

Then came back home really upset so gathered up all the dog stuff in our home and donated it to our local shelter.....8 days later in walks Lulu into our life.

It is so amazing how she has so many of the EXACT same traits as Heff did. I keep telling my wife that she is Heff re incarnated. Except right now she is into her "Bratty" stage and is starting to wreck stuff in the home...but dang how can you possibly get mad at that face. My wife gets mad as me and says man she can do anything she wants and you will just not discipline her! I say of course not look at how cute she is!

I'm glad you have Lulu (cute name). I can only imagine your sadness re Heff. Life is so precious. When I hear stories like yours, I honestly get tears in my eyes as I think of my babies and the day when their day comes. I wished they lived longer! How old is Lulu now? Our Gidget is 4.5 months old and each day that passes, I fall more in love with her. She's cheeky and a real busy body, into everything, annoys her older brother Bruno (2.5 years old) but it's so funny watching them together. Bruno is the real gentleman while Gidget is a real bossy boots. I wish you well with Lulu and may Heff be snoring happily at the rainbow bridge.

All the best,
Gloria

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.