Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Heff RIP Re Up

Quote Originally Posted by Heff102 View Post
    Long story short he started to retain water really bad so we rushed him to the University Vet College. I went there fully expecting oh they will keep him a few days either operate or use drugs and badabing badaboom I will bring him back home and all will be well. 7 hours later I was crying holding him as they administered the drugs to put him under.

His kidneys were failing big time and he was having a hard time to breath etc etc. Basically the vets (several saw him) said there was nothing they could do for him. Worse day of my life.

thank you for posting this... I did not see it the first time around. I just remember the sudden loss of your handsome boy and I too feel and share your pain. Very similar situation with Nitshcke woke up in the morning he was sick, took him to the vet thinking he would be home that night, NEVER did I think I would be holding him in hysterics saying goodbye 6 hours later. It has been 15 months and the pain is as deep as it was on that day
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

That is a very beautiful tribute. RIP Heff, he was so handsome.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Bruno and Gidget's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gloria
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno & Gidget
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Heff102 View Post
    Long story short he started to retain water really bad so we rushed him to the University Vet College. I went there fully expecting oh they will keep him a few days either operate or use drugs and badabing badaboom I will bring him back home and all will be well. 7 hours later I was crying holding him as they administered the drugs to put him under.

His kidneys were failing big time and he was having a hard time to breath etc etc. Basically the vets (several saw him) said there was nothing they could do for him.

Worse day of my life.

Then came back home really upset so gathered up all the dog stuff in our home and donated it to our local shelter.....8 days later in walks Lulu into our life.

It is so amazing how she has so many of the EXACT same traits as Heff did. I keep telling my wife that she is Heff re incarnated. Except right now she is into her "Bratty" stage and is starting to wreck stuff in the home...but dang how can you possibly get mad at that face. My wife gets mad as me and says man she can do anything she wants and you will just not discipline her! I say of course not look at how cute she is!

I'm glad you have Lulu (cute name). I can only imagine your sadness re Heff. Life is so precious. When I hear stories like yours, I honestly get tears in my eyes as I think of my babies and the day when their day comes. I wished they lived longer! How old is Lulu now? Our Gidget is 4.5 months old and each day that passes, I fall more in love with her. She's cheeky and a real busy body, into everything, annoys her older brother Bruno (2.5 years old) but it's so funny watching them together. Bruno is the real gentleman while Gidget is a real bossy boots. I wish you well with Lulu and may Heff be snoring happily at the rainbow bridge.

All the best,
    Gloria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads