My First Bully- My Heart Dog Brutus

goatheaven

Nov 6, 2010
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Annie
Wanted to share my first bulldog's memorial. He was my heart dog. He was a very sick dog that almost every vet wanted me to put him asleep. He had many problems including severe allergies with skin and breathing issues. He also couldn't keep down most food including commercial and people. He was also allergic to all traditional meds like heartworm, flea preventative. He would become a bloody mess and lose all of his hair. He would turn blue in a minute if upset or allergy triggered. We treated him like a special baby for the 6 1/2 years he was with us. The vets couldn't believed he lived that long. We made him a special home cooked diet of ground turkey, green beans and carrots that we made into balls to feed him. He was also allergic to most toys and bowls. I loved him dearly and tried to make his life as good as he could be. He was so sick due to being on antibiotics his first 10 weeks of his life for pneumonia. His immune system was basically destroyed from making good bacteria and yeast took over his body. I found out the day after I got him about all of that. He was purchased as a present for me from a backyard breeder. I did not know that at the time. He was a wonderful dog who gave me so much love and sold me on the breed forever. He was my best friend in a time where I moved away from everyone I knew. Hope you enjoy his memorial video.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
What a beautiful memorial video. What a cutie. I'm so sorry for your loss of Brutus. What a strong and wonderful person you are for not giving up on him, when the vets wanted to give up and put him down. I'm sure he knew and felt your love and you did everything you could for him to give him the best life. He will always be with you in your heart and your memories, and even though he is no longer here, you were blessed to have him in your life to love for 6 1/2 years, and that was due to your love and caring. RIP sweet Brutus

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: what an beautiful tribute to your sweet boy! Bravo to you for being so caring and loving him so so much that he lived a great 6 1/2 years of life.

He was a very handsome boy.... love his ears!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you for sharing such a tribute to Brutus. I'm going to watch the video when i get home from work this evening b/c i know i'll start crying here at work if i watch now.
You cared forr your boy and gave him a chance when others wanted to give up on him; nothing says true love and devotion more than that.:angelheart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tears flowing for your handsome, sweet Brutus and my heart is so touched
for the tremendous amount of love you have for him and your devotion and
dedication to giving him a wonderful life as long as possible. GOD bless you!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: What a great tribute to a very special Bully. You are such a wonderful soul. To take care of him and obviously fight all odds speaks greatly for your character. Bravo....and Brutus is running free and healthy at The Bridge..waiting ...:)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Your video tore my heart it was so touching. Your love for Brutus is present on every frame. So glad you found each other to walk life's journey together. RIP dear Brutus. You were truly loved.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
What a great video! I so sorry for your loss but so glad he had a mommy like you while he was here!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He was a beautiful bully, and that was a great tribute video to him. So sorry for your loss. you must have been a very good bully parent because even though he was sick, he looked very happy in all the pics, so he know he was loved. May he rest in peace.

OP
goatheaven

goatheaven

Nov 6, 2010
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Annie
Thanks for the wonderful responses. I really feel like he gave me so much more than I gave him despite his medical issues. He taught me so much about life. He made me realize that today might be all we have and we should live life to the fullest and enjoy each moment. He was so loving and I know I will always have a bully breed in my life. I was scared to get my new girl for fear it wouldn't be the same, but Annie is such a joy. Bullies are just special dogs. They are like living with toddlers who demand your attention and love nonstop. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Me neither. Your Annie looks like a total sweetie. More pictures please :yes:.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
:*( Beautiful tribute to a beautiful friend! Rest in peace, Brutus!

seernod

Jan 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry and Frenchie named Willow
That was so beautiful it reminded me of our bully Bear which we lost last Feb at the age of 12years. It brought tears to my eyes .

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That was so beautiful to watch. I know he was sick but every photo and picture was of his big smiley face. I believe you were brought together for a reason, and that your love for each other was meant to be.

:drawheart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online