Nitschke... one year ago

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My sweet Nitschke,It has been a full year since you left for the Rainbow Bridge, I know you are happy running with friends and playing. We miss you every single second of every day!You were a gift to Daddy from me, a shy little puppy that took his time warming up to us but you very quickly became Mommy's boy... your sweet face, fun loving personality and docile demeanor made you the most lovable bully ever, heck even Uncle Fran (my brother-in law that hates dogs) loved you. Everything about you was wonderful, how you played, slept, or just laid around, even your snore was my lullaby.It has been a long, but fast year... every day I still think of what we would be doing or of all the wonderful memories you have given me over the years.... spraining mommy's ankle when we were playing in the leaves, driving cross country, Grand Canyon, Sedona, countless trips to Chicago, doggie daycare, bulldog meetups, playing on the deck with the hose or just wrestling in the house... you were so happy and pleasant all the time. Even when you were sick, you were always an incredibly good boy that always made me proud and happy.Thank you for picking us to be your Mommy and Daddy and for all the wonderful, wonderful memories, but for most of all how you touched my heart in a way I never thought possible.... Love you to the moon and back 'Pook-a-bear' you will always be in my heart :heart:.

040918105936.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

75.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Christine, I knew this date would make you relive the sadness and shock from that terrible day a year ago. How can you NOT miss such a wonderful boy as Nitschke. I only knew him from far away but I could and do feel your love from here. You were a great mommy to him and we know his heart is NOW part of yours forever. I like hearing the happy memories you have and that is what he gave to you. Love, loyalty and the memories to last a lifetime.

You will soon be moving into your new home. I'm confident he's walking beside you and especially in your garden. Smile for him because I'm sure he's right there.beside you! . :hug:

Last edited:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's beautiful I've just lost my male in march so I know how you feel I'm just glad we have more room in are heart to love more bully's

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Oh god, I'm crying so much right now. I had no idea Nitschke had gone to the rainbow bridge. What a sweet boy. May he be frolicking through the leaves with a big smile on his face.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I know you will see that sweet boy again on the other side. I can't believe its been a year already. I'm sad now because you are sad. Don't cry, I'm doing enough crying for both of us. :crying:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I picked the worst time to send you a message with "good" news. I am sorry, I did not read this until after I sent the PM....

At first it seems like wow, it has been a year since that tragic day. But then I think- wow it seems longer ago. I remember crying my eyes out and telling Chip that we lost the first and how hard it was going to be to see more of them go, that it was only the beginning of the sadness to come. And it was. Crap now I am crying again.

Love you and I wish I could give you a great big hug right now!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Christine, I cannot believe it has been 1 year already. I do remember the day Nitschke left us and what a shock that was. Reading your post brings me to tears but also makes me smile and laugh as I read about those lovely and fun memories you have of him. :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:hug: My heart still breaks for you. Nitschke was a handsome sweet boy is is sadly missed by all of us. We feel your pain.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, I know it's hard. He will always be in your heart and immortalized in all of the great pics you have of him ... so many happy memories that will live on forever. :heart:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Christine I know what that sweet boy means to you :heart: When we met I saw the love in your eyes as you shared stories of him. My heart hurts for you right now and if you want to talk just text me :hug: :hug:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My heart goes out to you Christine! I know how much he meant to you and how hard it's been since that day for you. We laugh a lot and kid a lot about how much Wilson is like Nitschke and it warms my heart knowing he can make you smile. No one or other bully will ever replace the real special ones that fall deep into our hearts. Sorry I missed this yesterday.

Thinking of you!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Sending you a big hug. Thank you for sharing that with us. I know how hard it is to lose one of our little furry love bugs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so sorry Christine ..... I remember the time you lost your sweet Nitschke as if it were yesterday. I think it shocked us all and made us hug our bullies a little closer and a little longer.

I don't really know what else to say ... I guess the pain never really goes away.

But you have such cherished memories of your darling boy, and I know he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. :angelheart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.