Gone but NEVER forgotten

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
I remember that horrible day...Woke up just like any other, but ended like nothing I could imagine. It seemed like your old age was just a number, and you would never die. You never stopped having fun. You never failed to seize every moment and make it yours. And you always made sure to make me feel like I mattered so much. It was like you never transitioned into your senior years, and lived each day as if you were still a young pup. This was an ultimate gift that you gave, because not once did I have to worry about you. We enjoyed our time together to the very end, and I will forever be grateful for that bond. Our friendship will forever be etched in my mind, and I don't think it will ever fade. Waking up everyday knowing I can't go hang out with my best friend is so hard, but I'm learning to deal with it now. At first I couldn't look at a picture, or even talk about you after you left. But now I can laugh, and look at old memories without falling apart at the seams. I can't tell if this is a good thing or bad. It's a strange feeling to come to terms with you being gone. You were the center of my universe for 11 long years!! How could I be ok with this? But I know you wouldn't want me to be sad about you being gone, and you're not really that far at all. As the days went on I could feel you more and more in my heart. You may not be here physically anymore, but I still feel you right in my chest. Warming me when I need cheering up still, and reminding how I should be like you and seize every moment. I know when I talk to you; your right there waiting to listen and I feel your comfort still. I used to talk to you like you could speak english, and I still feel the need to look down at my side and carry on my one way conversation. Hope you don't mind me doing this every now and again. It's just me letting you know I'm still missing you every day, and look forward to being able to hug ya again and talk. For now, the memories and great times we had will have to hold me over until we meet again. So Chester please know that I am still your best buddy, and you're still mine. You may not be here, but the impact you left on me will never erode. And most of all please know this...I will NEVER forget you and the mark you made in my life! Thanks for sharing the best times of my life with me, watching me grow up, making me such a happier person, and most of all just being you man! I love you fat bubba :heart:

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Lil lilly- Great memorial, Chester would be proud and as you so aptly describe him, most definitely
would want you happy, not sad and living life to the maximum...he'll be waiting for you later.

It's amazing the impact great dogs have on us and the love we have for them and from them.
:sunny:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my its 6am and im sitting here with tears streaming down my face. what a nice memorial for your friend and buddy. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Absolutely wonderfully written..... so sorry for your loss --- Chester will always be with you.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
:D

So glad you guys enjoyed that!! Makes me feel good for some reason lol

I'm definitely healing now, it's easier to deal with, and is part of the reason I felt compelled to create a little something. Kinda like a letter to him, and just how I'm feeling. I notice myself sometimes being so busy I don't even get to think about it, and that makes me a little sad for some reason. I'm a serious dork though and I'll just randomly say hi to him when I think of him lol. I'll be driving in the car and when I pass the "Chester" exit on the highway I'll say..."My fat bubba...." Or just random thoughts and I'll say "I miss you fat boy, can't wait to see you again..." I'm a cornball, but this to me helped immensely. I'm a firm believer that life may end, but energy does not. His body may not be here for me to interact with physically but I KNOW he's out there somewhere, and my love for him is still in my heart. So, as long as I talk/pray, I know he's right next to me listening and looking up at me with that mug I love so much lol. For some reason when I thought about it like this, it made me feel so much better about losing him and I dramatically started feeling better. It's like now he's ALWAYS with me, so it's kind of awesome when you think about it. And I know his fat little butt will be sitting right next to me when I finally drop dead too, because he's always gonna be there waiting. I think he kept himself alive that last year of his life for this reason alone. He wouldn't give up until his body did. Chester's job was to wait for us to come home and be loved lol. I guess in a nutshell we loved him to death :tongue:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That was truly beautiful :heart: RIP Chester xxoo

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.