Worst Day Of My Life

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Friday July the 13th will go down as being the worst day in my life.

We had to put Heff down today.

You will recall my posting Heff having a edema problem. Well this morning we woke up and Heff was struggling to breath and was near passing out. I rushed him to the University Vets today and long story short after several tests they discovered he was suffering from Enteropathy as well as Nephropathy both of which have no cure.
Heff was really suffering so the decision had to be made and I was with him right till his last breath.
I sit here struggling to write this and am in shock and still think this is all a bad dream.
I thank you all here for all the fun and laughs we had.
Life sucks.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh ..I'm in shock. My heart is broken for you. I only wish I could help you understand why these crappy things happen..but I'll never understand myself. All I know is how much you loved him. And how he knew that. He was a very special Bully...and honestly I feel so lucky to have "known" him. He's at the Bridge....with too many of our wonderful babies. He's not hurting anymore ..I wish I could help your hurting...Please don't go. Hang around with us...we will always consider you part of this family. Peace...:hug:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for you:cry: Heff is in peace now and you will find it eventually too.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
When I saw the title of this post, I held my breath. I too am in shock. Things happened so quickly. I always loved hearing about your boy Heff and seeing his handsome face. I'm so sorry for your loss. Words just can't express the sadness I'm feeling right now.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Oh ..I'm in shock. My heart is broken for you. I only wish I could help you understand why these crappy things happen..but I'll never understand myself. All I know is how much you loved him. And how he knew that. He was a very special Bully...and honestly I feel so lucky to have "known" him. He's at the Bridge....with too many of our wonderful babies. He's not hurting anymore ..I wish I could help your hurting...Please don't go. Hang around with us...we will always consider you part of this family. Peace...:hug:

Becky said it all better than I ever could have. Our sincere condolences for your heartbreaking loss.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My most sincere condolences. When I lost my Mable, I was convinced that NO ONE knew the pain I was feeling. I was wrong. I was sort of relieved to find that out. Hang in there. It really does get better --- but not for awhile.

They say memories are golden; I don’t know if that’s true
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I’ve needed you, a million times I’ve cried
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still
Your passing leaves an emptiness no one will ever fill.

Author Unknown

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I gosh, I am sorry to have to hear this kind of news. Please know that we are all here for you. Heff is free running and playing now, out of pain and telling everyone how loved he was. You should be proud of the kind of home you provided for him during his time here, he knows!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sorry for your loss...I know it tears a hole in your heart but it gets better with time...you will start to remember the good times and think less about the end.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am so so sorry for your loss, I know that shocked feeling too well. Just know that he was loved and that you chose to release him of his pain, there is no greater love than that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online