Worst Day Of My Life

OP
Heff102

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Morning #2.
I write this response through tears I miss my Little Buddy soooooooooo much. Mornings are the hardest no Heff to come and wake me up with his wiggling little stubby tail. . Then of course he would go back to his bed and fall back to sleep.
We think back to how he must of been suffering yet NEVER EVER should us any signs of weakness.
I just want him back. These are a few pictures of his last trip to the lake. Little did we know then.

.View attachment 23972View attachment 23973

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Morning #2.
I write this response through tears I miss my Little Buddy soooooooooo much. Morning are the hardest no Heff to come and wake me up with his wiggling little stubby tail. . Then of course he would go back to his bed and fall back to sleep.
We think back to how he must of been suffering yet NEVER EVER should us any signs of weakness.
I just want him back.
oh my i cant imagine it. :cry: i wish i had words to say that would make you feel better :hug:

OP
Heff102

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
These are a few links to the diseases Heff had. I want to share them with all of you and advise all of you that if your dog is showing any signs of these symptoms do not wait and get to the vet ASAP. I know the vet told us no matter what we would of done we could not of stopped the progression especially with the kidney issue but yet one always wonders what if..........

http://www.akcchf.org/canine-health...e-information/protein-losing-nephropathy.html
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_dg_protein_losing_enteropathy#.UALiwPWBqdk

And I wont even go into what I think of the breeder.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Morning #2.
I write this response through tears I miss my Little Buddy soooooooooo much. Mornings are the hardest no Heff to come and wake me up with his wiggling little stubby tail. . Then of course he would go back to his bed and fall back to sleep.
I just want him back. These are a few pictures of his last trip to the lake. Little did we know then.

.View attachment 23972View attachment 23973

Such beautiful pics. I wish there was something we could do to help. I am beyond heartbroken for you right now. :*( We all loved Heff!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Pet heaven got allot better on Friday.

I often think of my critters there..just hanging out waiting for us. They are happy, healthy and like here on earth..true examples of why animals are so much better than we deserve. I hope Heff likes Rotties..Dobies..an assortment of assortments..and OH yes..a certain HUGE orange tabby cat...they will love him!

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
May I share with you, and with all members, some thoughts I've had since
joining 3 weeks ago? It was just as @GoobersMom was posting about the
abrupt death of Carlie and her pups left behind...then the shocking news of
the loss of the 1st puppy, then the news...all had died! Man, oh man, just
broke my heart in two, the suddeness, the unfairness, her grief...I couldn't
even post, I had no words to say, about anything...for about a week. Then
I went and read a Member Spotlight about GunnyBoy, cried some more. On
to reading a week later and popped into Rescue Stories...o' my gawd, cried
for hours (don't think I can DO those reads). As I begin to get the sense of
how special this site and members and bullies REALLY are & my great, good
fortune at finding y'all, at the same time, I understood that these bullies, ill
and some dying, were going to affect me PERSONALLY and so it has and is.

The other side of great love is utter heartbreak when it ends, a piece of your
heart gone, never to be replaced BUT as one of the greatest songs about this
very subject says, " I could've missed the pain but then I would have missed
THE DANCE." Garth Brooks-The Dance

All of us know...even knowing HOW it ends...we would choose all over again,
the chance to dance with our beloved...again!

May GOD shelter you in the palm of His mighty hand and you rest in the safety
and comfort of His dwelling place and may you find perfect peace whilst healing
there...until you emerge, renewed, refreshed and restored and then can open
your heart to love again. Amen. Texas Carol & Brutie

Thank you again Texas Carol, for thinking about Carlie and her babies, I can only think now that Gunnyboy, and Sweet Heff are protecting and help with raising Carlie and her babies. Waiting for us so we can pass over the Rainbow Bridge and once again be together again

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I was away this weekend. I am so very sorry for your loss. Hoping each day gets a little easier for you .. I can't even imagine.. My heart goes out to you :heart:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
These are a few links to the diseases Heff had. I want to share them with all of you and advise all of you that if your dog is showing any signs of these symptoms do not wait and get to the vet ASAP. I know the vet told us no matter what we would of done we could not of stopped the progression especially with the kidney issue but yet one always wonders what if..........

http://www.akcchf.org/canine-health...e-information/protein-losing-nephropathy.html
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_dg_protein_losing_enteropathy#.UALiwPWBqdk

And I wont even go into what I think of the breeder.

Unfortunately "what if's" will not bring you beloved friend back and reading through the links, It would be so difficult to know what you were looking for if you are not a trained professional. Heff looked super healthy and happy in the pics. You loved him and did what you knew and could for him. I too have so many issues with Dublin's breeder and have told her but she refuses to accept any responsibility. I can't change that and I'm sure just like you, I wouldnt' love my fur friend any less. I wish you peace.

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
I am so sorry for your loss. I can only speak from experience of losing my first Bully at 11 months old but the pain does get easier. I too kept all their collars and tags and look at them occasionally to remember the good times. Heff was a Beautiful dog and had a loving family. RIP Heff

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Holy crap man...I posted on your video too, but just got to read what actually happened!

:cry:

I'm so very sorry about Heff...I lost my Bull Chester suddenly in April. He also showed no signs of anything, but he had BIG complication w.o ever showing weakness. I really feel for you right now, and pray that it will get easier for you. I couldn't get up in the mornings either because of the same reason...Not an easy thing to get accustomed to. It's good that you were there until the end, I'm sure her appreciated that beyond what any of us could imagine. Wish I could give ya hug bro, because I know how I felt and it's just so hard to keep composure. Rest in peace HEF!! Say hi to Chester for me...<---that just owned my emotions lol....totally just started crying again writing that last part....Seriously man if there's anything I can do let me know, it sucks bad, and I still can't keep it together lol. But were all here for ya :meeting:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm am so very sorry to see that you lost your luv. Most of us know about loss. The loss of loved ones. It does suck, you are right on about that. As you grow older, you experience lots' of loss, the older you grow, the more you learn to lose. And it still sucks. Every thing dies. Just as everything is born, natural progression of the earth. Have you ever read the bible passage, "to everything turn,there is a season turn, and daylight turns into heaven. Yes, Simon and Garfield sang a song of it too. My point being, there's a reason for everything and teaching along the way. For now, you my friend are learning a lot about pain, and that sucks. I feel very bad for anyone who has to go through this miserable emotion. Will it get easier? yes, but there will always be a scar. Don't feel guilty either when you do start to smile. It's natural :hug2:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.