Worst Day Of My Life

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I am so sorry!!I know how your feeling, I had a worst day of my life a short time ago. No matter what anyone says, it dosent get better with time, anyway not for me.Its something you cant explain to people,but you will be able to accept it in a while and that will help. I cry for your loss because I know the feeling. I adopted Sarge after Gunny went to the Rainbow bridge. Its because of my gunny,didnt die in vein cause he created aanother Bullie with what I had, we just adopted Lu Lu she is a sweet girl and I know Gunny is smiling from the Rainbow Bridge knowing he made it all possible.I love my Gunnyboy so much that I cry for him often, but its ok it makes me feel better everytime I do.Hes watching you and wants you to be happy. Again my prayers are for you today.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I so agree with [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION]. My sweet Maggie left us six weeks ago on Thursday ... it doesn't get better, but you just learn to live with the pain. Your heart learns how to accommodate it and so life goes on and you carry the memory of them in your soul forever.

I work with a rescue, and one of the other administrators of the rescue facebook page posted about the loss of our Maggie. A complete stranger sent this to us, and it somehow helped. I hope that this helps you too ....

When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not there to see,
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I know how much you loved me,
As much as I loved you.
And each time you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me,
I want you to understand,
An angel came and called my name,
And I answered his command.
He said my place was ready,
In dog heaven far above,
But that I'd have to leave behind,
All those I dearly love.
If I could relive yesterday,
Even for a little while,
I'd come and lick your hand,
Just to see you smile.
So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
You'll find my paw prints on your heart

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm still thinking of you and feel so sad for you! :( I still miss my Ace and it's been 7 months now. He was 12.5 when he passed and was my BEST friend. I still get teared up when I see his pictures. :hug: to you again.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Others said so many wonderful things so I will simply give you a hug and say how sorry I am through tears.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
This week was so horrible for us with Dublin's surgery and there were many moments where I thought that I would be where you are right now. The feeling was just so awful to comprehend so I can't even imagine the actual happening and what you must be feeling and going through. We take these amazing creatures into our hearts and homes and don't ever think they will leave us, at least not for a very long time. We know every moment is a gift of love from them to us and your life must be overflowing with those loving gifts that will be with you forever. Words won't change or erase the loss and pain you feel right now but we know of nothing else to give you right now. Take time to grieve and remember your dearest friend.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:( I remember the day you introduced Heff to us ... he was so utterly handsome and his noserope is unforgettable.

By you staying by his side till the end shows the love you have for him, and he knew it too.

May all the wonderful memories ease your pain and heal your heart.

OP
Heff102

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I so agree with @gunnyboy. My sweet Maggie left us six weeks ago on Thursday ... it doesn't get better, but you just learn to live with the pain. Your heart learns how to accommodate it and so life goes on and you carry the memory of them in your soul forever.

I work with a rescue, and one of the other administrators of the rescue facebook page posted about the loss of our Maggie. A complete stranger sent this to us, and it somehow helped. I hope that this helps you too ....

When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not there to see,
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I know how much you loved me,
As much as I loved you.
And each time you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me,
I want you to understand,
An angel came and called my name,
And I answered his command.
He said my place was ready,
In dog heaven far above,
But that I'd have to leave behind,
All those I dearly love.
If I could relive yesterday,
Even for a little while,
I'd come and lick your hand,
Just to see you smile.
So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
You'll find my paw prints on your heart

Thank you very much for this poem.

OP
Heff102

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
The hardest part yesterday was watching other families so happily leaving the Vet College and I had to leave with a empty collar and leash.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am so sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace and run and play with all the others who crossed the bridge :hug: We are all here for you and hope you stay around with us :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My tears are falling as I sense your pain and sorrow and especially the utter
shock following the blur of dealing with everything then the confusion of his
absence from your side-I cry for your enormous loss and for your heart breaking.

I am so very sorry and I will keep you in prayer tonight. Texas Carol & Brutie

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The hardest part yesterday was watching other families so happily leaving the Vet College and I had to leave with a empty collar and leash.

You know..I was in the garage the other day..(my hubby's domain) hanging on a hook were every collar from every wonderful sweet dog we had loved and lost throughout our entire marriage. And there were sadly..too many. I got them down and just looked at the tags..every one made me smile..a very melancholy moment. I remembered in a flash what they meant to us. I was in awe that my sweet David had not only kept these..but the tags were polished and looked like new..even though a couple went back 35 years. While I keep the ashes in my own special place..he held onto these last items that touched our babies. Put Heff's collar away..save it for another time when it will bring a fullness to your heart. Not for what you've lost, but for what you had. I've so walked where you walk and know your pain. I still feel each and every one we've loved.:hug:

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
When I read this I couldn't believe it. I had to read it three times and all I could say was "No, No, oh no not handsome Heff. It can't be..." My heart feels broken too and with a tear in my eye I'm sorry to say, sorry for you loss but that doesn't cut it does it? It doesn't seem fair, so vital a bully should be taken so soon. I always hope our bullies will live as long as the oldest bullies we know but there must be a reason, a plan in the scheme of things that we just can't see or understand. I must comfort myself with knowing that Heff is in good company as [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] says. Hugs from me and my clan and we will grieve with you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
May I share with you, and with all members, some thoughts I've had since
joining 3 weeks ago? It was just as @GoobersMom was posting about the
abrupt death of Carlie and her pups left behind...then the shocking news of
the loss of the 1st puppy, then the news...all had died! Man, oh man, just
broke my heart in two, the suddeness, the unfairness, her grief...I couldn't
even post, I had no words to say, about anything...for about a week. Then
I went and read a Member Spotlight about GunnyBoy, cried some more. On
to reading a week later and popped into Rescue Stories...o' my gawd, cried
for hours (don't think I can DO those reads). As I begin to get the sense of
how special this site and members and bullies REALLY are & my great, good
fortune at finding y'all, at the same time, I understood that these bullies, ill
and some dying, were going to affect me PERSONALLY and so it has and is.

The other side of great love is utter heartbreak when it ends, a piece of your
heart gone, never to be replaced BUT as one of the greatest songs about this
very subject says, " I could've missed the pain but then I would have missed
THE DANCE." Garth Brooks-The Dance

All of us know...even knowing HOW it ends...we would choose all over again,
the chance to dance with our beloved...again!

May GOD shelter you in the palm of His mighty hand and you rest in the safety
and comfort of His dwelling place and may you find perfect peace whilst healing
there...until you emerge, renewed, refreshed and restored and then can open
your heart to love again. Amen. Texas Carol & Brutie

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.