Dear Maggie,

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
This was so very poignant. I know it must have been painful when you first penned these words but I'm glad that you did. It helps remind us all what is truly important in life

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Reading again your letter to Maggie, tear falling for your loss and your heartache.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:heart: Like so many of us here, I totally understand. It's an exquisite agony that's hard to describe to the unknowing. Time does help. It does. It just takes time and that's the hard part.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss... Maggie was a beautiful girl & she was so lucky that she had you guys to care for her! God Bless. C

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful angel Maggie. I am crying after reading it...wish I could say something profound and comforting but all I can say is she was loved and had the best mommy.

RIP darling Maggie...run free with my Samson.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Karen..what a touching story. I cried and cried. I do believe that things happen for a reason. The day at the pet store was meant to be. Maggie was suppose to be yours. God knew that you would give her all the love and care she would need during her short time here. And you and your family did that. She couldnt have had more loving parents. I know how hard it is to loss a family fur member. She was cutie.May she rest in peace. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh Karen , im reading and crying my eyes out for all of you -im so sorry for your Loss -i know Maggie passed a while ago , but still i would like to offer my condolences , my daughter once said that "dogs are not meant to stay long with us -they earned their place in heaven by being so good and us -we are not always good so we need to live longer -like nanny" -it is not comforting ,but makes sense ,sadly they all leave holes in our hearts all the animals we ever had chance to had in our families , even tho we give home to another one we still miss our angels xxx

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
This just breaks my heart....so sorry for your loss, animals hold a special place in our hearts, I also know this was awhile ago and I remember reading it before but couldn't commet on it, just know my thoughts are with you still as i'm not sure a loss every really gets easier.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online