Please help & advise

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
:*( I am so sorry about your devastating loss. I can't even imagine what you must be going through not knowing what happened. I know that I would want to know, but even pursuing it you might not ever get definite answers. Like others said, just do whatever helps you. My heart just breaks for you. :cry:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh gosh, I’m am so so sorry to hear that you lost your baby Lola. :cry: I cannot imagine how devasting this must be for you and your family. If it was me I would be having the necropsy done, especially if the vet was pushing you to cremate – something just doesn’t seem right. I’m at a loss as to what else to say except to know that we are all here for you during this heart wrenching time. :hug: :hug:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I am so sorry for your loss! That is horrible, I can't even imagine! I hope with whatever you decide to do you find closure.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i am so sorry about Lola.. sweet little lola. i hope you can find peace.

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
first of all i want to say i went through your past posts and it shows that you really really cared about lola and i am so sorry this happened to you but just for your own peace of mind and closure it will be good to get a second opinion on why she died. it can be a reaction to the vaccine but it would be immpossible to know without a autopsy. Try researching the vaccine manufacturer and see if there any correlations. Once again so sorry about your loss..

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Just want to add my sincere condolences on the loss of your beautiful Lola...I can imagine your devastation and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers....

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
So sorry to hear of your loss. I know how upset you must be

This morning we found Lola dead in her crate. The day before yesterday Monday we had taken her to the vet to have her rabies shot (05/14) Lola was in perfect health, I have all the paperwork for all her shots and she was reported to be in PERFECT health each & every time I took her for her check ups. I'm have been in this site since the beginning. You all have seen pictures of Lola & seen how much we cared for her & tried. I am truly heartbroken. My only questions to you all is what can or should I do in this situation? I feel it could have been the vets fault. I called them & he pretty much just pushed me to cremate her. I plan on taking her somewhere else for answers before deciding what to do.

Please give any advice you can, I feel lost.

Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear about your precious Lola, I can't even imagine the pain you are going through. Just know you will see her again at the Rainbow Bridge.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My condolences :(. I'd get a necropsy done as well, but we'll support your choice no matter what. xoxo

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
First I would like to say I am so so sorry forbyoue loss. The same thing happened to me in September, I now just how devastating it is. I still cry because I dearly miss my best buddy. my heart goes out to you. I too had a very healthy pup and no signs of illness. I was offered a necropsy but could not leave Dozer there. I will say that for me no knowing doesnt matter. I know right now you are searching for answers and if you would like to have it done by all means do but in the end the result is the same. I also know the feeling of wanting someone to blame ie the vet. It makes it easier to cope but the truth is it cOuld have just been an anomaly that there truly was no way to detect. I prefer to think that on my case. I was and am an extremely vigilant bully mama but part of me didn't want to know what happened in case it was my fault. I didn't need guilt on top of loss although my vet assured me he didn't think this was the case. I think what ever you decide you have to focus your energy on grieving and healing as best you can. I know what terrible sometimes unbarrable pain this causes and I wish there wa something o could say to take it away. It just takes time A LOT of time and support of friends here you will get through this.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
OMG. My heart is sick at reading this. I've never done the research but I wonder if there's such a thing as a Malpractice Attorney for Veterinarians? Cuz I'd be finding one if such a thing exists. If it were me, I'd have a proper necropsy done and if the vet is at fault -- or better yet, the pharmaceutical company --- I'd call the local press; TV station and newspaper animal columnist. But that's me. I'm bitter and tenacious; a deadly combination when wronged.

I am so sorry -- so very sorry --- for your loss.

Last edited:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Oh my. I'm sure you are soo devastated! I would be the same way. I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart sank when I read your post. Prayers going out to you at this time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.