Please help & advise

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I am at a loss for words. I feel so heartbroken for you .. I hope the pain eases. I don't know what I would do in your situation :(

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I am so very sorry for your loss! I know I will never find the words to make it better. It was easy to see how much you loved your little Lola, so I can only send love and hope you find the answers you need.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I can't even begin to tell you how said I feel for you. You need to do what makes you feel better. As many people said here, you may never find out. Do what your heart tells you.

I don't know anything about Lola's health but my bully Dublin has severe seasonal allergies and has had awful reactions. She was due her shots a few months ago, but my vet ( Dr.Koch in Sarasota FL) won't give her the shots as he is unsure of how she will react because of her allergies. Now she has had her previous shots and was fine. She does have breathing problems and has had soft palate and nasal surgery so she is an extreme case. Otherwise she is in as best of health I guess a bully could be under the circumstances.

I worry about her not having her shots but I trust my vet to make that decision so I have to weigh not having the shots versus the protection they can give her.

You did everything right for Lola and that is all you could have done. It doesn't change the pain you are feeling right now but hopefully in time you will be at peace with that. Please take care of yourself.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I am so sorry for your loss, this is absolutely heartbreaking and I can't even imagine what you are going through. :*( Sending lots of love your way and I hope you get the answers you are searching for.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
I I am so very sorry to hear about your baby, how very awful. I wish I could help you with advice but I do not have any, just wanted to express my condolences.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh no...I am so sorry to hear about that. I agree with what everyone else has said. Find a different vet to try to determine her cause of death with a necropsy.

My thoughts are with you during this terrible time

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so sorry for your loss, and I agree with everyone else. My heart breaks for you and your family.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How truly awful. My heart breaks for you because we all know how much you adored Lola. If you think it will help ease the pain then investigate further. But remember that this can also prolong the time before you finally get closure. We have recently discovered our Maggie is seriously ill and so I really do understand the pain and anger you have in your heart right now. (((hugs)))

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how shocked and heartbroken you are at this sudden loss. Please know that we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Loss is hard and it doesnt vanish overnight, but a good support system makes a huge difference. If you need a shoulder to cry on or a place to vent, PM me anytime.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

jennis2613

Jan 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba,Mimi, Arie, Stella and Chloe
My prayers go out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss <3

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
So sorry for your loss, I would also advise a necropsy. I lost my show girl Callista to unknown reasons and didn't have one done and to this day still wonder what caused her death.
RIP Lola

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I'm so sorry for your loss! I just had Chelsea to the vet yesterday for all her vaccinations and have been closely watching her since to make sure she didn't have any reactions. Now I know how important it is ... I was just worried that she would get an upset tummy or get puffy from an allergic reaction. Again soooooo sorry for your loss!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.