Please help & advise

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
This morning we found Lola dead in her crate. The day before yesterday Monday we had taken her to the vet to have her rabies shot (05/14) Lola was in perfect health, I have all the paperwork for all her shots and she was reported to be in PERFECT health each & every time I took her for her check ups. I'm have been in this site since the beginning. You all have seen pictures of Lola & seen how much we cared for her & tried. I am truly heartbroken. My only questions to you all is what can or should I do in this situation? I feel it could have been the vets fault. I called them & he pretty much just pushed me to cremate her. I plan on taking her somewhere else for answers before deciding what to do.

Please give any advice you can, I feel lost.

Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... how absolutely horrible. I am heart broken for you.

I would definitely take her some where for an autopsy (not called that for dogs, but the same thing) - if something went wrong with the shot being given they should be able to tell you.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. so sorry

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry, it must feel devastating. I agree with 2BullyMama, have an autopsy done. Other wise you'll be second guessing forever.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhhh..I am so very heartbroken for you. You must be beside yourself and not knowing why makes the pain even worse. I can only tell you what I would do. I would ask for an autopsy and at another vets. If there is something wrong with that vaccine or that vet made an error, it's important to know. That will be expensive and I suppose there is always the chance the results would be inconclusive. None of this will help your pain and I'm truly sorry. Please let us know....:hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh my gawd, that is just so awful. I am so sad for you. I would also have another vet check into it. I am so sorry. :*(

L

Lucy-licious

Oh! This is just heart wrenching. I am so very sorry for your loss. I would definately be asking for another vet to autopsy otherwise you will forever wonder why.
:hug: for you and your family at this terrible time xxx

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG this is beyond devastating!!! I am truly sorry for your loss :(

Call a different vet in town and find out where you can get a necropsy done. If you have the vet do it, they will just send your dog to the same place and charge a hefty service fee. Do this asap because your baby needs to be kept cold (like in a refrigerator)...

I do want to point out a couple of down sides to this... They will likely only be able to tell you the cause of death but they won't likely be able to tell you if there was anything that could be proven that the vet was at fault. So it is up to you, knowing how may be even more painful for you then not knowing....but it may help bring you closure. Again I am so sorry for your loss :cry:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My deepest condolences. RIP Lola. If it were me I would look further into it.
May you find peace in this terrible tragedy.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I don't even know where to start. My heart is breaking for you, this is horrible to go through.

When my Bella was very ill, the breeder tried to convince me to put her down, but made sure he said to get tests done to prove it was congenital. My vet actually told me that it isn't that detailed and that some things may never be found out.

I hope you have answers. Did your vet do the 3 year rabies? If so, I would investigate that. I am not sure of all the side effects or risks, but I do know dogs that have had issues.

Please know we are all here for you. That little Lola is watching over you and telling all the other bullies at the Rainbow bridge how loved and special she was.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
yes i would get a necropsy done asap,if she was healthy before the vaccination you will want to know if the vaccination was at fault or the vet,in fact the vet should be ordering one in my opinion if not only to cover himself ,you will be feeling devastated and in shock but dont let the vet to persuade you to cremate before you have had time to think it over,also get in touch with the vet and get the reg number of the vaccination used just in case its a faulty batch,im very sorry for your loss,karen

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You have my deepest sympathy and will be in my thoughts... Im sooooo sorry to have this happen.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
OMG I'm so sorry for your loss. Poor sweet Lola...may she rest in peace! I'm so sad because this is such terrible news.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.