Goodbye, Aubrey. You were so loved and will be forever missed.

L

Lucy-licious

Goodnight sweet Angel, may you play evermore at The Rainbow Bridge :pray:

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
Oh my goodness, my heart breaks for you. I know the emptiness you must be feeling. Its hard to love them enough to let them go. Thats our job though, as their Mom. Take it a day or a minute at a time. Please feel free to message me if you just need a good place to cry and say "it just isnt fair"

We had to put Aubrey down at 4am Friday morning. We got a call that she had bacteria showing up again. With finances strapped and the chances of her recovery not very good, we made the heartbreaking call. She is in a better place and no longer in any pain or has to go through any more surgeries. She was so strong and I wish I could only be half as strong as she was through all of this. :cry: I really think she might have had something going on, some disease of her digestive tract, that kept her from healing right.

We buried her yesterday with her bed, wrapped in her favorite blanket, with her favorite toy. Today we are planting a garden over her grave to celebrate the joy that she brought to so many peoples lives. She touched the lives of the people at the vet hospital; everyone knew her and loved her. She touched the lives of the residents at the assisted living were I work. She was a special girl and will never be forgotten.

I love you, Aubrey. You were the best dog I could have ever asked for! :heart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for your loss of your beautiful Aubrey. She will be missed by many. Just know she is pain free at the Rainbow Bridge and playing with the others there and will one day be with you again. Our prayers and thought are with you and your family.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am so sorry about Aubrey. The garden is a beautiful tribute to her beautiful life and the bond you shared.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:pray: you find comfort. :cry: I loe the idea of Aubrey's garden. You can remember the love she gave you as you tend it and watch it grow!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Our thoughts are with you. You did the kindest thing you could do for her, your precious girl is at peace now.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry for your loss. Her spirit will always be with you and she knows you loved her and did your best. She's now free from that body and happy again. You helped her so much and she'll love your forever for it.:luv:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all for your kind words. Brandon and I really hurting right now and are happy to accept any prayers for those of you who believe, or positive thoughts!

We thank God for our baby, and even though we only had her for a little over a year, we were blessed to have her for such a short time. And we are so lucky to be a part of a community that is so supportive. Your kind words help more than you all know!

I am so sorry for your loss! Aubrey will forever be with you in your heart and thoughts. I know the emptiness and heart break you are feeling and send my love, prayers and positive thoughts to you.

Please stay with us as you are a member of our EBN family. :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh no, I am so very sorry to hear of this. I am praying for you and Brandon , Peace in your hearts and minds. Aubrey has many Bully's here as of late, to join her in the crossing over, of the Rainbow Bridge. Although you had her for such a short time, she has touched many of us here at EBN. I hope this doesn't mean that you won't be spending time with us anymore. She sure was a pretty girl. The garden will be a blessing and bloom for years to come. God Speed

[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Oh no, I am so very sorry to hear of this. I am praying for you and Brandon , Peace in your hearts and minds. Aubrey has many Bully's here as of late, to join her in the crossing over, of the Rainbow Bridge. Although you had her for such a short time, she has touched many of us here at EBN. I hope this doesn't mean that you won't be spending time with us anymore. She sure was a pretty girl. The garden will be a blessing and bloom for years to come. God Speed

@AubreysMom

I may not be around quite as much for now, but I won't stay gone. We do plan on getting another bully in the coming months when we feel the time is right, so if anyone comes across any bully babies in the coming months in or near Alabama, please PM me so I can check them out. Aubrey will never be replaced, but we would love to honor her by getting a bully that can live the life she didn't get to. She secured our love for bullies because she was one special bully girl!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
This is so sad and breaks my heart. I'm so so sorry for your loss of Aubrey! :( :hug: She's in wonderful company now over at the Bridge, I know, three of my guys are there now. :luv: She will forever hold a special place in your heart.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
"...love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

--Kabil Gibran

You aren't hurting anymore, Sweet Aubrey.

Members online

No members online now.