Goodbye, Aubrey. You were so loved and will be forever missed.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
We had to put Aubrey down at 4am Friday morning. We got a call that she had bacteria showing up again. With finances strapped and the chances of her recovery not very good, we made the heartbreaking call. She is in a better place and no longer in any pain or has to go through any more surgeries. She was so strong and I wish I could only be half as strong as she was through all of this. :cry: I really think she might have had something going on, some disease of her digestive tract, that kept her from healing right.

We buried her yesterday with her bed, wrapped in her favorite blanket, with her favorite toy. Today we are planting a garden over her grave to celebrate the joy that she brought to so many peoples lives. She touched the lives of the people at the vet hospital; everyone knew her and loved her. She touched the lives of the residents at the assisted living were I work. She was a special girl and will never be forgotten.

I love you, Aubrey. You were the best dog I could have ever asked for! :heart:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
i am so sorry to hear about Aubrey. Hugs and prayers to you..

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I"m so sorry for your loss - prayers for Aubrey and may she R.I.P.
Keeping you in my thoughts!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I so feel for you! You'll always have her in your heart.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love the garden, that is a beautiful tribute, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine having to make that choice, :hug:

RIP beautiful Aubrey xxoo

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
RIP Aubrey!! You touched so many people lives and you will continue to touch their hearts everytime your mommy looks at her beautiful garden. My sister did the same thing when her yellow lab passed and the flowers in that part of the yard are just beautiful. I'm sorry you had to make that decision, but Aubrey knows you only did it in her best interest. ((((HUGS))))) :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
so sorry to hear the news. Rest In Peace Miss Aubrey. Run free at the bridge.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
So sad! I'm so sorry! I remember when I had to put my rottie down. Hardest thing I ever had to do!! You'll see her at rainbrow bridge someday. Hugs and prayers going out to you!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I am so so sorry for your loss! I hope that Aubrey's garden will bring you some peace. I know it will beautiful just like her.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh this is so heartbreaking. im so sorry for your loss. you have to do whats best for them even if its heartbreaking.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Thank you all for your kind words. Brandon and I really hurting right now and are happy to accept any prayers for those of you who believe, or positive thoughts!

We thank God for our baby, and even though we only had her for a little over a year, we were blessed to have her for such a short time. And we are so lucky to be a part of a community that is so supportive. Your kind words help more than you all know!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Connie and I are so sorry, we do know what your feeling right know. Know she is in a better place at the rainbow bridge with my Gunnyboy and the many others that have passed. Our thoughts will be with you!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My heart breaks for you and Brandon. I've been where you are too many times and the only thing I can tell you is you will forever remember sweet Aubrey. It will one day be less painful and eventually her memory will make you smile. Just know that no matter what, you both were great Bully parents and did all you could. She is no longer suffering and having to endure all the unknown that would've been ahead of her. There is never a guarantee how long we have these special babies.....but there is a guarantee the mark she will leave on your heart. Peace to you and Brandon..and run free Aubrey..run free. :hug:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Aubrey. :*( It is times like this where it is some comfort to know that she had such a loving family and was spoiled as she deserved to be. The garden is a beautiful tribute to her memory. I know we planted a flower garden over our first pug when he passed away and whenever the flowers bloom, I still feel like he is with us there in spirit.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.