I lost my best friend over the weekend...

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Hello everyone, sorry I fell off the face of the planet. Lilly decided to chew up my power supply to my laptop, and I had no computer for a while. But I have some bad news...

Saturday, my almost(3 months shy)11 year old bully Chester passed :cry:

He was seriously my best friend, and it's been unbelievably hard. Chester and I were insanely close, and he helped me grow up to be who I am today. Yes I said it, my DOG taught me how to be a good person lol. I got Chester when I was 13, and me and him were inseparable since. A year after we got him, we moved upstate, away from all my friends, and it was a hard time in my life. When I moved I thought I would make all kinds of new friends, and have all kinds of fun. Boy was I wrong...I was a reject lol. I couldn't make a friend to save my life up there for some reason. But when I came home Chester was always waiting for me. He would always find a way to make me feel better, and help me forget about the kids at school. He was my ONLY friend for a while, and I honestly had no problem with it. After I graduated, I eventually made a whole bunch of friends and life was good. We both got older, but never did I leave his side. I lived at home for quite a while (I'm 24 now) and I actually moved out 3 months ago. It was a sad day for me, because I knew I wasn't going to be waking up in the same house as my dog. I would still visit him all the time, and he would sleep over my apartment from time to time. But I missed my dog, and I knew he was getting older and time was starting to get the best of me and him...

Friday, my dad called me. Told me Chester is drinking a lot, and peed his bed. He was still acting normal, but had some weird symptoms. My heart sank...I had a BAD feeling. I knew this wasn't good and it had to do something with his kidneys, so we booked an appointment at the vet that day. He got blood work done, and a urine sample but the results wouldn't be in until monday. I wasn't too happy about this, because I knew it was something serious. He was acting fine besides those issues though, so I complied and agreed to wait. I was worried about him, but I stayed positive because he made it seem like nothing was really wrong.

Saturday, I went over my parents house for dinner. I walked in the house, and noticed I wasn't greeted by my Chester...My heart sank even lower, and I checked up on him. He looked bummed...He looked defeated, and could no longer hide it. I knew he was dying, but again I tried to stay positive and hoped maybe he was having some kind of diabetic reaction. He was shaking, breathing shallow, and peed and puked where he was laying. We took him to the ER, and got an x ray, and blood work done again. Both the blood work, and x ray came back bad. Apparently Chester's heart was severely enlarged, his trachea was in a weird position, and his kidneys were failing. They couldn't give him anything because it would shut down his kidneys, and they couldn't do anything for his kidneys because of his heart. It was the time to do what I've been dreading since I was 13...We had some time with him to say goodbye and I think he knew what was happening. He wanted to leave the room, and didn't want to go in the vets office I think lol. We calmed him down, and began. I laid him down, and held him in my arms while the vet took care of it. I gave him a last kiss, and whispered how much I loved him, and how much I was going to miss him. And before I knew it, my best friend of 11 years was gone.

It's been super hard on me so far, and I've been pretty depressed. I can't seem to shake it no matter what I do, I always think about him. He was my pride and joy, and my best friend. I've never lost somebody so close me before, and for some reason I feel lost now. I feel like my life is just so empty, and dull. He was a BIG part of my life, and my day. I always looked forward to going home because I got to see him, but now that's gone. I'm scared to go home now too. Its just so quiet now, and it drives me crazy. I've been crying A LOT too, and I DON'T cry usually. I need to start finding some peace, because I too feel defeated now. I feel very lonely again, and I KNOW he would be upset with me about this. I was thinking about seeking out an animal medium reading...To help give me some closure, and know with absolute proof he's still with me. I was also thinking about getting a portrait tattoo of him somewhere. I just never want to forget him, and want him to be with me until my dying day. He meant THAT much to me, and I'd be honored to have him with me forever.

Anyways, my heart goes out to anyone who has lost a pet. I feel your pain, and if anyone wants to talk to me, please feel free. I could use some advice, and I would love to help you if I could. Maybe together we can find some peace in all of this. I decided to make a memorial video for him too. I wanted a nice way to remember him. It was hard to make, and it might make some people emotional. But it made me feel great after because I had so many pictures, and great memories to look back on. Thanks for reading about my Fat Boy Chester!! It means a lot to me, and I'm sure it means a lot to him too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs5sc0J3avo
Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh no .. I am just so sorry for your loss. RIP Fat Boy Chester ..... he is looking down on you from Rainbow Bridge. :luv:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Sorry to hear the news. It is so hard to see a beloved pet pass. He is your angel now and running pain-free at the Rainbow Bridge.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am so sorry for your loss but what a wonderful life you had together. Look up [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION], sweety and maybe you can help eeach other with this very difficult time.

L

Lucy-licious

I am so so sorry for your loss...remember him with warmth in your heart :heart::heart:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm so sorry for your loss...my heart aches for you as I'm sure this has been very painful for you. I hope that you will find strength here and know that you are not alone.
Saving a prayer for you and Chester - R.I.P.
Lovely video - it brought me to tears I know you must miss him terribly.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so sorry for your loss. Wish I had the words to make you feel better. Thanks for sharing your story with us, as hard as it was to read. it is good to know how loved your baby was. :hug:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Thanks for all your kind words, it really is comforting...I cried reading all of them lol. I'm such a wuss :blush2:

Thanks for watching the video NigelsMom

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'm so so so sorry to hear this, we're here for you in anyway we can be :hug: I will watch the video but I can't right now, I'm already getting emotional reading your story and I'm at work so I really can't be a blubbery mess. Your story just reminds me so much of my Samson and I, I wasn't quite as young when I got him I was 19 (this was 6 yrs ago, he's 6 now) but we went through SOOO much together, we grew up together, but the only thing that has always been constant is our bond and love. Even though Chester's physically gone he will forever be in your memories, heart and mind. Now he is at peace and pain free.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, I'm so sorry. Your video was a beautiful tribute to the friendship and love you and Chester shared - and will always share!

C

Cooper11

So Sorry for your loss! My heart aches for you! Only time will heal and remember all the great memories you shared!!! Keep you head up! :)

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Lol, I understand...Have a tissue when you watch :] I'm very sorry to hear about your Samson. I'm sure he was an amazing dog. They all are :heart:

It truly amazes me how much he impacted me. Dogs to me have some special power, and can really show people what unconditional love is all about. I thank him for that lesson he taught me. I resented people after moving, but he showed me through his personality and love for people that I needed to get over it and trust people again not just him.

I really hope connecting with all you guys, connects him with all of your bullies that passed and they're all running free.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Aw, I'm so sorry. Your video was a beautiful tribute to the friendship and love you and Chester shared - and will always share!

Thanks a lot! And thanks for watching!!

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
So Sorry for your loss! My heart aches for you! Only time will heal and remember all the great memories you shared!!! Keep you head up! :)

Thanks!!! Day by day, it gets a little easier...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.