I lost my best friend over the weekend...

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
101-0119_IMG.jpg

^ This is Chester at a little over a year old. Best buds forever!! Like I said in the video, he was always on my right side and just a pet away lol

conwyatt

Mar 1, 2010
I was so moved by the wonderful video and your heartfelt words about your beloved
Chester. Wishing you blessings of comfort and peace as you grieve for him.

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I'm so sorry for your loss.. It hurts now but as time goes by you will have all your memories and smile and he knows how much you loved him and you know he loved you.. I can't watch the video bc I guess you can't from your mobile but I will watch when I get home.. Just know that he is always with you in your heart.. And now he is running through the fields at the rainbow bridge. We are all here for you if you need a friend

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Wow...

I gotta tell ya. This site rocks! Every time I read a comment I really do feel comfort even though I don't know any of you like that. Thank you guys seriously, I wish I could explain to you what it means to me...Love you all :hug:

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I am so so so sorry for your loss. Your love for him was apparent.

It will get easier. We had to put down our last dog & I cried for months. It's ok to be sad.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Sorry for your loss...It's super hard having to put an animal down. I hope you're feeling better now :]

What's weird is I start feeling like I'm betraying him if I find myself thinking about other things...It's hard to explain kind of. It's like if I'm not sad, it feels like I'm forgetting him...So I find myself surrounding myself with pictures, and just thinking about him constantly. I watched that video like 10 times already, and I cry every time...But it does feel better to cry, and I try to laugh about the awesome times we had. This is gonna be tough...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Sweet Chester. Unfortunately, I've walked where you are many times. It never gets easier and I suppose it's not supposed to. These babies are connected to our hearts and our souls. He will always be a part of you and that's a wonderful thing. The emptiness will last and then one day when you think of him..you'll catch yourself with a little tiny smile. Your tears will still come but you'll start to realize the sadness is lifting. It will be replaced with such gratitude for having had him in your life. And wow..eleven years! That's a wonderful statement to how great of a friend you were to Chester. He will repay you everyday of your life. You will discover just how much he taught you. Just stay with us...we will help you. :hug:

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Sweet Chester. Unfortunately, I've walked where you are many times. It never gets easier and I suppose it's not supposed to. These babies are connected to our hearts and our souls. He will always be a part of you and that's a wonderful thing. The emptiness will last and then one day when you think of him..you'll catch yourself with a little tiny smile. Your tears will still come but you'll start to realize the sadness is lifting. It will be replaced with such gratitude for having had him in your life. And wow..eleven years! That's a wonderful statement to how great of a friend you were to Chester. He will repay you everyday of your life. You will discover just how much he taught you. Just stay with us...we will help you. :hug:

Thank you for the kind words!! He was an old, old man! But I tell ya, he had so much kick left. He was very active, and LOVED to play tug of war up until the day we brought him to the vet. That's what was so crazy, he was fine, and then something shut down in his body. If it weren't for that he would have set some kind of English Bulldog record I swear to god haha!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for the loss of your friend Chester, he was a very handsome bully. I enjoyed the video very much. You will never forget him as he will always be in your heart no matter what. Just remember you will meet again one day at Rainbow Bridge and he will be illness free and young again. So until then keep him in your heart and love his memories.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Thanks for watching, and thank you for your words!

He was a handsome man, he got that a lot actually lol! Even when he got old he looked the same, just a bunch of grays instead of that beautiful red color he had.

I'm really considering looking into an animal communicator. I've heard some great stories, and I really do think it would make me feel so much better about his passing. I still know in my heart that he's looking down on me, but hearing for sure that he's with me will be an amazing feeling I'm sure.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Here are some shots of him the day before he died. I brought Lilly to comfort him on his way to the vet because I knew he was stressed out about it. So cute!

IMAG0553.jpgIMAG0554.jpgIMAG0555.jpgIMAG0556.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sorry for your loss...It's super hard having to put an animal down. I hope you're feeling better now :]

What's weird is I start feeling like I'm betraying him if I find myself thinking about other things...It's hard to explain kind of. It's like if I'm not sad, it feels like I'm forgetting him...So I find myself surrounding myself with pictures, and just thinking about him constantly. I watched that video like 10 times already, and I cry every time...But it does feel better to cry, and I try to laugh about the awesome times we had. This is gonna be tough...

Ok, now I'm balling my eyes out. Your tribute video and Thread post are well written and the song is perfect. I know that feeling of guilt if you smile, or find yourself thinking of something else after such a loss. But that is part of healing and you need to give yourself that to go on with life. Chester is not suffering now, you are. That's always the big thing about death, the ones left behind are the ones who hurt. Chester is the lucky one. He's seeing new colors and smells that only ones who pass to the other side can enjoy. Don't be sad for Chester. He's looking over your shoulder right now. reach out and give'm a big ole hug. Give yourself this time to heal. It's gonna be ok honey. He was a lucky dog to have you too. Find some peace. :assurred:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.