Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I lost my best friend over the weekend...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I lost my best friend over the weekend...

One other thing...

I was talking to my dad, and we were thinking about getting memorial tattoo's!! I was thinking about getting a nice portrait done on my arm, or somewhere on my chest. I found this though and thought it was beautiful! http://offthemaptattoo.com/tattoos/tattoos_25754.html To me this is an ultimate way of remembering him, and everyday I will be reminded and it will never fade away! I think I'm gonna start tracking this guy down. I feel like he did such a good job on this piece, I WANT ONE NOW LOL!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My heart breaks for your loss , I know the feeling all too well and my heart goes out to you, ahhh I"m just stuck for words. Bless you and cry when you need too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyboy View Post
    My heart breaks for your loss , I know the feeling all too well and my heart goes out to you, ahhh I"m just stuck for words. Bless you and cry when you need too!
    Thanks Gunny! I'm sorry about your boy as well my man, you and Gunny are in my prayers, stay strong!!

Real Name
    Kristi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

Hi LL,

Thank you for your heart warming reply. I also feel guided to this site after mentioning to my Mom that I would give anything to connect w/ another bully owner that I can relate to. The interesting part was I tripped on the site and was immediately drawn to your post. What was interesting about it is that you had written things that had come out of my own mouth hours before. I also am looking into having her memorialize w/ ink. When 'Pink' lost her bully, he drown in a pool, she was so crushed she also went and had him inked on her. That's when I adopted the idea.

Also you mentioned a dog psychic. My Mom has a friend who referred me to one and I had a reading with her a little over a week ago. It was very reassuring, she was able to connect to Harley's energy and provided insights that were specific to her and I, but also important for me to hear from a dogs perspective in general. She also explained that dogs don't fear death, it's a people issue. That put things into perspective for me. Now I'm enjoying the time I have w/ her knowing when the time comes I have the ability to provide her w/ a great gift of kindness. To drift off in peace and with her dignity. That is the least I can do for a friend who really has taught me about life, the trials of aging and the final walk to other side.

My Mom framed me a Zelda bulldog card where Zelda is in wings and a halo... not sure if you've seen it but the caption is "the other angels were busy so they sent me". I had no idea how true that would be when it was given to me so many years ago. She's seen me through almost a decade of highs and lows, velcroed to my side without judgement, nubby tail wagging while we walked through the journey. When I went through my divorce, living in a strange city/state, buried in my husbands debt, living on Ramen Noodles... I would wake up w/ her every morning, peel her tongue off the blanket, kiss her cheek and think to myself "no matter how hard things get I can never feel as pathetic as she looks". That always made me smile because she was just happy to be with me - she had no idea how pathetic she looked sometimes. Of course I think she's the most beautiful girl in the world - Miss America's got nothin on her...

Have to get going - my Mom is picking Harley and I up for a sleep over. I originally planned on tomorrow being the day to let her go but I'm taking my time w/ her for now. Every minute.

Thank you again for your reply - it was very much needed (and prayed for). More later. Hugz from me and my lil slow-n-low angel to all the bully firends. I'm glad to have found a place where ppl "get" me.

Peace and snorts,
    Kristi

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

I lost my bully baby Lucy on 4/3/12. I know just how painful it is to love them enough to let them go. One day at a time

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Awe! I'm so happy my post helped you! I was just pouring my thoughts out because it made ME feel better. To know that those thoughts helped you, really warms my heart. Really glad you found us! But I hear ya sister, it's sucks when they've gone through all the hard times with you. But for me, it marked a change in my life that was much needed. I feel like I was fearing him passing for a while now, and now that its behind me, it gave me the momentum I very much needed! It felt like a kick in the stomach initially, but like two day ago or so, I started feeling this great feeling. Wanna know what it was? Change! Life is all about change, and experience. I feel excited to know that Chester is safe, and pain free. I am sad that he's gone and I miss him, but I feel excited to be starting a new chapter of my life. And I know that he taught me that through his death, not his life. So it's like without going through that pain (still going through it) I would never feel what I am feeling now. I feel like I was reborn just as he was, so for that I celebrate his passing, and thank him everyday I wake up. He was one of the biggest blessings in my life, and I'm seriously honored to be his brother! Whatever happens though, I'm seriously here for you in every way that I can be. It honestly helps me helping you get through it, so we can team up on all this and make it easier for the both of us. A little easier that is...Keep us all updated on whatever happens.

That's awesome you brought her to a psychic! I'm really excited to see how it goes...Only thing I don't like is the woman I'm talking to can do it over the phone, but needs a picture of the dog that passed. To me, that's cheating. I want to find someone who doesn't need any kind of hints. I have a couple of questions though, what's wrong with your baby How did your session work exactly if you don't mind me asking?

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

He's right. (@gunnyboy) Sometimes, it really does take a long long time to get past the "an-elephant-is-sitting-on-my-chest" part. When I lost my Mable, I'd never, ever felt a pain so great. I'm an urban farmer right? I've had a gazillion pets over the years; cats, dogs, iguanas, parrots..... but Mable and I had been through so much together and I credit HER ALONE with getting me through it. How could this loss not hurt forever? I couldn't imagine not crying when I said her name. I thought, "Now I know what love is. I'm almost fifty years old and I'm just now learning this?" But the truth is, I've felt that way many, many times and the last one always seems like the worst. Mable died on Xmas day and in the months following, just THINKING about her made me cry - and believe me, I'm an old tattoo'd biker chick....hard as nails.....I thought I would die of grief.

And then, slowly.....surely.....day by day....week by week....month by month...it really did get better and then I was able to think about the POSSIBILITY of a new dog in my life. Getting Bea was a godsend toward healing and I am grateful you have Lilly to help you through this. Your relationship with her will be all the more important to you because she is there for you during this time.

Those folks that say, "It's just a dog...".... I don't know any of those people. I really don't. Because the minute something like that comes out of a mouth, I'm already walking away. I think, "It's just a dog, huh? Well, you're just a dumbsh*t. Good luck with that."

Hang in there, buddy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    He's right. (@gunnyboy) Sometimes, it really does take a long long time to get past the "an-elephant-is-sitting-on-my-chest" part. When I lost my Mable, I'd never, ever felt a pain so great. I'm an urban farmer right? I've had a gazillion pets over the years; cats, dogs, iguanas, parrots..... but Mable and I had been through so much together and I credit HER ALONE with getting me through it. How could this loss not hurt forever? I couldn't imagine not crying when I said her name. I thought, "Now I know what love is. I'm almost fifty years old and I'm just now learning this?" But the truth is, I've felt that way many, many times and the last one always seems like the worst. Mable died on Xmas day and in the months following, just THINKING about her made me cry - and believe me, I'm an old tattoo'd biker chick....hard as nails.....I thought I would die of grief.

And then, slowly.....surely.....day by day....week by week....month by month...it really did get better and then I was able to think about the POSSIBILITY of a new dog in my life. Getting Bea was a godsend toward healing and I am grateful you have Lilly to help you through this. Your relationship with her will be all the more important to you because she is there for you during this time.

Those folks that say, "It's just a dog...".... I don't know any of those people. I really don't. Because the minute something like that comes out of a mouth, I'm already walking away. I think, "It's just a dog, huh? Well, you're just a dumbsh*t. Good luck with that."

Hang in there, buddy.

I agree, I like dogs better then people so they can say w.e lol

Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was 21 I lost my childhood pet - a black lab - (he was 11 also) and it was HARD. I cried so much, but eventually God gave me peace and joy to replace my sadness. Think about your fond memories with him and know that he was here for a reason, and now his mission is done. He brought much joy and comfort to your life, as you did his. Praying for you and your family during this sad time.
    Last edited by LoveMyBully82; 04-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank and Desmosedici
    Likes (Received)

The memorial video is so beautiful. My bully boys would give you lots of love in this sad time if they could. Sending you all my strength.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

Any one who says "Just a dog" has clearly never loved a dog. Especially a bulldog. My husband and kids joke that "NO ONE will ever love me as much as Lucy does"

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post

Hang in there, buddy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads