Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I lost my best friend over the weekend...

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I lost my best friend over the weekend...

so, incredibly sorry for your loss. You video is such a wonderful tribute to a beautiful bully and 'right hand man'.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss....I know this is going to be a hard time but just remember all the good times you had together!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

So, so sorry for the loss of your best friend! The video of Chester was a beautiful tribute to such a handsome guy! I hope you find some comfort soon!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

This is officially my favorite forum now...

You guys are too much, and I seriously love the crap outta all of ya! Today I felt was a huge uplift. I showed my parents this, and the video and it helped cheer them up. I feel x2 bad for them because they have to live in that house. I at least get a breather. If there's anyone you pray for, please pray for my mother and father. My mom is taking is especially hard...

But once again, you guys are all amazing people. I don't know anything about any of you yet, but I can tell your my kinda people lol! I'm not sure where I would be right now without you all, and I seriously mean that. I feel like he told me to get back on here and share with you all, and I'm so happy I did.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My heart goes out to you and your family, the video was beautiful and no doubt about it, the song was so fitting. He is such a beautiful boy, and his memory will always be with you and never die. You must try to remember that he would never want you to be sad, so please don't feel guilty. I also find comfort in your posts, they are very well written and completely brought me into your moment, not only that but feeling your pain and sorrow.... almost as if it was my own.

I am very glad you found our forum too, I do think many are brought here by tragedy but also find strength and uplifting words from the members here whom are the best people I have ever known, with the common bond, we all cherish our bulldogs.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for you loss. I just finished watching that lovely video. Had to reach down and pet my Mr. Wilson who is at my feet and appreciate that he's here with me now and hope that I will be as loving as you when it's his time. Sounds like Chester had a great life full of love and it was his time to return to heaven with the other angel bullys.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    My heart goes out to you and your family, the video was beautiful and no doubt about it, the song was so fitting. He is such a beautiful boy, and his memory will always be with you and never die. You must try to remember that he would never want you to be sad, so please don't feel guilty. I also find comfort in your posts, they are very well written and completely brought me into your moment, not only that but feeling your pain and sorrow.... almost as if it was my own.

I am very glad you found our forum too, I do think many are brought here by tragedy but also find strength and uplifting words from the members here whom are the best people I have ever known, with the common bond, we all cherish our bulldogs.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! He is a beautiful guy, inside and out. He was such an amazing dog, and it really makes me feel privileged which is also a huge uplift. I feel sooo lucky to have been in his life for so long, and just to have been in his life period. Each day I find a new reason to be happy for him, and let go of my sadness and stop being so selfish about it. I try to keep telling myself he completed his journey with me, and now he wants me to start a new one. I don't think I could have took a step forward without him passing and it needed to happen in order for me to grow up. He was the last piece of my childhood, and I clung to him so tight not willing to let it go. I was subconsciously using Chester as a reason to stay in my past and not move forward. I think by him passing it was him saying, its ok to move forward without me and live your life. I lived my life, and now you must live yours. I honestly feel our ultimate fates are sealed, and he was strategically placed in my life to help me learn and feel. I thank my parents so much for taking me that day to pick him out, because he honestly changed my life. The breeder said "now before you go picking one 2 are taken." I was looking at Chester the whole time knowing it was him because he was the coolest pup there. But to my amazement he was still for sale, and was waiting for me to pick him up and bring him home. I was drawn to his colors, and his funny personality as soon as I laid eyes on the litter. They were all beautiful little pups don't get me wrong, but Chester stuck out to me. Chester and my family were seriously meant to be, and truly believe that. It honestly is giving me comfort about life in general too. I'm not a very religious person, and I didn't really believe in god and all of that heaven and hell stuff. But after all this happening its showing me life is not so simple, and maybe to have a little faith in the natural process of living and dying. And maybe, just maybe, have faith in god and the thought that this is just a part of a beautiful learning process specifically constructed to help us all on our spiritual journey. Through death comes eternal life and wisdom. I now truly believe that, all because of my dog. Who would have thought a dog could help someone so much?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    Sorry for you loss. I just finished watching that lovely video. Had to reach down and pet my Mr. Wilson who is at my feet and appreciate that he's here with me now and hope that I will be as loving as you when it's his time. Sounds like Chester had a great life full of love and it was his time to return to heaven with the other angel bullys.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I'm SURE he's having a blast. If there was one thing that dog knew, it was how to have fun. He lived for his toys. He would often take a toy with him on his walks. We would be walking out the door and last second he would grab a pull toy. He just loved destroying things, and lived to show his talents at ripping things apart haha! I'm sure he has all the cardboard boxes, and pull toys he could ever imagine lol.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I know the pain your feeling right now, I just lost my Gunnyboy last week and I miss him so much. they say with time it gets better, but it will take a life time for me. Just hang in there and know hes waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Real Name
    Kristi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lil Lily, I'm new to the forum but you're post was the first one I read yesterday at the top of the list (very grateful I did). I don't have time to reply right now but I'll be back on later. So sorry to hear about your besty Chesty. I have a bully, and I have no idea how I"m going to live without her... it looks like I may find out sooner than later. My heart is breaking and I know only another bulldog owner would understand.

I hope to connect w/ you later... Harleys' mama

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristizHarleyGirl View Post
    Hi Lil Lily, I'm new to the forum but you're post was the first one I read yesterday at the top of the list (very grateful I did). I don't have time to reply right now but I'll be back on later. So sorry to hear about your besty Chesty. I have a bully, and I have no idea how I"m going to live without her... it looks like I may find out sooner than later. My heart is breaking and I know only another bulldog owner would understand.

Welcome to EBN. Hope to see an introduction when you get a chance and also some pics to go along of course. I am sorry your baby isnt doing good, I hope everything is ok?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristizHarleyGirl View Post

Hey there!!

It's tough watching them get older, but you need to remember that dogs live in the moment and don't ever want you to feel sad about their age. They don't wake up and say my time is coming, I'm sad. They wake up and live it up no matter how they're feeling!! So you have to be strong, and stay positive for your Harley. I honestly believe they are born with a wisdom people are born without, and they were created to serve our needs, and show us how beautiful life is. What a selfless life contract they sign up for right? They must get some great reward for signing up for that roll! Dogs do not fear death at all, and are programmed by nature to be at peace with all of natures life cycles. To me, this is what they are here to teach us. Death, is a beautiful thing. And day by day, I'm realizing how his death IS a good thing. He completed his journey, he taught me so much, and now it's time for me to move forward with the wisdom he taught me. I honestly feel like a new man. It will be sad, you will cry, and you will hurt. But there is a light at the end of tunnel, and mourning is just a phase we all go through at some point. It made me sad NOT thinking about it, and the pain seems to be relentless. I was a wreck the first few days, but it IS getting easier. I'm finding comfort in knowing hes back home, and living his eternal life waiting for me to meet back up with him. And what's crazy is my DOG taught me that. Not my father, not my mother, not my reverend, not my bible, but my best friend Chester. He's given me a lot of faith in being on this earth, and not feeling scared anymore. I know it sounds horrible that I could be happy about his passing, but it honestly is bringing me closer to the meaning of life and "figuring it all out." Their is a lot of wisdom that comes from death, and I think that's what we all need to focus on when losing our beloved four legged family members. I wish you and Harley the best, and I hope that you can live out his days being happy for him, and just rejoicing about how privileged you are to be friends with such an amazing animal. He loves you beyond your wildest dreams, and you love him just as much. So try not to let your sadness show and live each day to the fullest! When you feel sad, just think like a dog! And if you ever need to talk about it PLEASE, let me know, or even better, let all of these amazing people know. This site was a HUGE tool to help me overcome the sadness that comes with death. Talking about it, crying about it, and sharing your thoughts/experiences is what its all about. And I know he guided me to do it that day, and ever since I've felt boat loads better. But again, he's still here!! Just love, and live it up with him!
    Last edited by LiLlilly; 04-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads