Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I lost my best friend over the weekend...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I lost my best friend over the weekend...

Thanks for watching, and thank you for your words!

He was a handsome man, he got that a lot actually lol! Even when he got old he looked the same, just a bunch of grays instead of that beautiful red color he had.

I'm really considering looking into an animal communicator. I've heard some great stories, and I really do think it would make me feel so much better about his passing. I still know in my heart that he's looking down on me, but hearing for sure that he's with me will be an amazing feeling I'm sure.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Here are some shots of him the day before he died. I brought Lilly to comfort him on his way to the vet because I knew he was stressed out about it. So cute!

-imag0553-jpg-imag0554-jpg-imag0555-jpg-imag0556-jpg

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LiLlilly View Post
    Sorry for your loss...It's super hard having to put an animal down. I hope you're feeling better now :]

What's weird is I start feeling like I'm betraying him if I find myself thinking about other things...It's hard to explain kind of. It's like if I'm not sad, it feels like I'm forgetting him...So I find myself surrounding myself with pictures, and just thinking about him constantly. I watched that video like 10 times already, and I cry every time...But it does feel better to cry, and I try to laugh about the awesome times we had. This is gonna be tough...

Ok, now I'm balling my eyes out. Your tribute video and Thread post are well written and the song is perfect. I know that feeling of guilt if you smile, or find yourself thinking of something else after such a loss. But that is part of healing and you need to give yourself that to go on with life. Chester is not suffering now, you are. That's always the big thing about death, the ones left behind are the ones who hurt. Chester is the lucky one. He's seeing new colors and smells that only ones who pass to the other side can enjoy. Don't be sad for Chester. He's looking over your shoulder right now. reach out and give'm a big ole hug. Give yourself this time to heal. It's gonna be ok honey. He was a lucky dog to have you too. Find some peace.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then you must do what must be done,
    For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
    Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
    For this day, more than all the rest,
    Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
    What is to come can hold no fears.
    You'd not want me to suffer so;
    The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
    And please stay with me till the end.
    Hold me firm and speak to me,
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
    The kindness that you did for me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
    Who had this painful thing to do.
    We've been so close, we two, these years;
    Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Bless Chester and may he R.I.P.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Bulldoggie371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather Morgan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
    Likes (Received)

Your video was a beautiful tribute to Chester. I'm so sorry for your loss RIP Chester

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Thanks a lot everyone, and I'm really happy the video is showing how much I loved my fat lil guy...I felt like that song really helped connect people to my feelings, and my dog! I searched all day long yesterday and watched it probably 50 times with different music until I found the perfect song. As soon as the guitar started and I saw that first picture I was a wreck, and knew that was the right one.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

I'm soo sorry to hear about Chester's passing! I had a rottie that I had to put down, about 7 yrs ago. Was the hardest thing I had to do in my life! I always swore I would never keep him alive just for me. It was time to do it, but I didn't want to. He was at the emergency vets and they gave me the grim news. He kept looking back at me and going to the door and was like.."can we go yet?" When they put him down he laid his big mellon ( he weighed 180 lbs not fat at all) on my lap and fell asleep. It killed me! Had a very difficult time getting over that! I Swore I'd never get another dog again! I couldn't take it. It took me five years to get another one. Now I have 3! Bubba is my only Bully. He is awesome! I dread the dread that he passes but I cherish every day with him. I will say prayers that you find peace. Just know that he loved you dearly and you loved him just as much. He had a great life it sounds! You will see him again someday...on that rainbow bridge. The vet sent me that poem when my rottie died. I cried my eyes out and have watched it over and over. If you haven't seen it...find it online. You will cry..but it's sweet. Stay strong..this do get better. You're video was awesome! Great song choice also. I had to smile at the ending statement. My bully is named 'Bubba'. I wish you well.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

That video is a wonderful tribute to your Chester. I am so sorry for your loss, but happy Chester had such a long life.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaisapig View Post
    I'm soo sorry to hear about Chester's passing! I had a rottie that I had to put down, about 7 yrs ago. Was the hardest thing I had to do in my life! I always swore I would never keep him alive just for me. It was time to do it, but I didn't want to. He was at the emergency vets and they gave me the grim news. He kept looking back at me and going to the door and was like.."can we go yet?" When they put him down he laid his big mellon ( he weighed 180 lbs not fat at all) on my lap and fell asleep. It killed me! Had a very difficult time getting over that! I Swore I'd never get another dog again! I couldn't take it. It took me five years to get another one. Now I have 3! Bubba is my only Bully. He is awesome! I dread the dread that he passes but I cherish every day with him. I will say prayers that you find peace. Just know that he loved you dearly and you loved him just as much. He had a great life it sounds! You will see him again someday...on that rainbow bridge. The vet sent me that poem when my rottie died. I cried my eyes out and have watched it over and over. If you haven't seen it...find it online. You will cry..but it's sweet. Stay strong..this do get better. You're video was awesome! Great song choice also. I had to smile at the ending statement. My bully is named 'Bubba'. I wish you well.
    It's funny because his name was Chester, but we just usually called him "fat bubba", or just "bubba." I think it just comes natural to all bully owners, they just have that "bub" kinda look haha!!

Very sorry about your Rottie, and honestly your story brought a tear because it sounds like you experienced the SAME thing I dealt with at the vet. He was panting and staring up at the door like, "please, can't we just do this at home..I know it's time, but just not here." I always pictured his body giving out, and him not being able to walk. I think that's what made it soooooo, soooooo hard. I was able to walk him right into the vet, and it just seemed ok, but he really was fighting it. I think he was trying to hide it, so we didn't get upset. I really do believe he was suffering a lot more then he should of just to appear normal to us...He loved my family, and I know he wasn't ready either and wanted to stay as long as he possibly could. But we had to be strong, and stop the suffering and let him rest. Ugh, such a horrible feeling that YOU are the one saying its OK to put them down. The vet wouldn't say it. She said there was nothing she could do, and kept offering we make him comfortable but it won't fix him. I could tell she was having a hard time, and wanted it to be our choice...I don't know how those people do it, I'd be a basket case every time I had to do that.

Thanks for your prayers, and I appreciate you sharing your story with me. Very comforting reading peoples stories, and their experiences. I appreciate everyone's help, and beautiful words. And again, my heart goes out to everyone who has ever had to do this. I know it's hard to talk about, and I commend you all for being so understanding/comforting to a stranger on the internet. Your all beautiful people!

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Chester is so handsome and sounds like he was an amazing bullie! Your story and video brought tears to my eyes...it was evident that you two were best friends and had a special bond. I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard now but it does get easier. He was very much loved and had a long happy life and you have tons of wonderful memories to make you smile when the hurt eases a bit. My thoughts are with you.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss. While it can't replace him, Hopefully cuddles with Lilly can help ease your grief.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads