A Celebration of the Life of Tinkerbell

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
During the summer Tinkerbell came to live with us. She had been seriously neglected .. hadn't seen a vet for four years.

We found out that she was 11 years old and in fact this month Tinks turned 12!!!

When Tinkerbell came to live with us she had ear infections, dry eye, conjunctivitus, alopecia which we thought was due to seasonal allergies, a growth on one of her back legs the size of an egg which the rescue had surgically removed.

Also, her teeth were so bad that on a scale of 1 - 4, with 4 being the worst, poor little Tinkerbell was a 3. At the same time as the spay and removal of the growth, we had three teeth removed and the remaining teeth were deep-cleaned.

She had atrophy in her back leg muscles, which I believe was from her being caged in a crate that was too small for most of the time leading to her only being able to sit or lie down. The vet said that she could get full muscle strength back in those legs. As soon as she arrived at our house Tinkerbell fell in love with Daddy .... and insisted in following him everywhere. This included following him all the way around the back yard, and the huge increase in her muscle tone and strength in her hind legs can be 100% be attributed to her trotting after Daddy as fast as her little legs would allow her.

She had obviously been used for breeding.

Despite all of these things Tinks was a sweet little girl, (but also the ORIGINAL Diva) who only wanted to be loved as much as anybody was willing to love her!!

Because of her health problems Tinks stayed with us all the way through to December 4th when she was adopted by a lovely family who had their own rescue for boxers. They had two sons and Tinks immediately bonded with the autistic son.

I had heard a few weeks ago that Tinkerbell was now fully incontinent and had to wear diapers all the time, but despite this she was still an active little Diva-girl. Today I got a call from Rachael who runs our rescue to let me know that Tinkerbell had a seizure, and taken to the vets. The vets could do nothing and Tinky-Winks passed away.

So I want to celebrate the last few months of her life when she experienced only love and happiness and a home that offered comforts that she had not previously known.

This is Tinky-winks, Tinks, ... Tinkerbell.

P1080364-1.jpg

P1080361.jpg

P1080375.jpg

P1080338.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
God Bless you, She got to know what Love is. RIP Tinks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
RIP... Tinks So glad you gave her a few months of real love and enjoyment of life.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thank you everybody.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
She was so beautiful, Karen. I'm happy that she experienced so much love with you and her adopted family. You can see from her eyes that she was grateful for all you've done. :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Karen, this was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl who finally learned what love was.... you are an angel for giving her that. I know how much you loved her. Are you doing okay? She was a beautiful soul who lived a very long life. xxoo RIP Tinkerbell xxoo

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She was saved by you. She learned what it was to be loved because if you. sorry for your loss but her life is something to celebrate for sure. Hugs!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
This just breaks my heart but makes me feel so much better knowing that Tinkerbell got to experience love and happiness for the last few months of her life. All thanks to you Karen :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Beautiful tribute...what a wonderful thing you did for Tinkerbell to make her final days happy ones.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I adored her ... but her final moments of happiness were with her adopted Mum ... Missy and her family , who are devastated by her loss.

It is difficult to explain in words how Tinkerbell so immediately touched the hearts of everybody who came in contact with her! She was a very special gift ...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw my heart breaks at this but im glad she got to know love before she went to the bridge. rip tinkerbell

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.