Mabeline Fabulash = 12.25.2009

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
mable.cropped..jpg

2009, Christmas Day, I lost my best friend and companion, Mabeline ā€œMableā€ Fabulash when her diseased heart gave up and could pump no more. She was just five years old. Her death was mercifully quick; she did not suffer. Her last day was spent at my side, doing what she liked best: eating holiday treats, playing with her new Christmas toys and being adored by me and the rest of her human family who loved her more than she could ever, ever know. Mableā€™s undying love and dedication saw me though a devastating divorce, the uncertainty of breast cancer and a bout with depression Iā€™d not endured except for knowing how it would pain her to lose me. One of the reasons I justified selling my Harley Davidson during that awful time was that riding it took me away from Mable; I so hated to be away from her! She was my constant companion ā€“ save the time I was at work ā€“ and even then, she visited BDA often enough to garner a collection of fans and true friends. She appeared in two BDA company films, playing herself ā€“ of course.

Mable loved human attention more than any dog I have ever known and she charmed every person she ever encountered. When you spoke to her, petted her head or stroked her soft ears, you had her 100%, full attention, regardless of what was going on around you at the time. Sheā€™d wiggle, snort and frantically wag her crooked, stubby little tail in complete adoration of your time and attention. If you held a cookie in your pocket, no one else existed in the world and she might even sit or lay down for you!

Still miss you, my angel girl.

~Mama

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What a blessing Mable was in your life. Even tho you only had her for a short while, I could feel just by reading your story, all the love that the both of you shared with one another, and the special, unique relationship you had with her. This is a very loving tribute to your girl, Mabeline Fabulash. What a very cool name too! :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a great story, Mable sounded like she was a wonderful bully and friend.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
This is a very loving tribute to your girl, Mabeline Fabulash. What a very cool name too! :hug:

Thanks [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] - she was named after her Auntie Mable who is a gorgeous, talented drag queen. Mabeline Fabulash was her stage name.

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - thank you for your nice thoughts.

I have her ashes in an adorable tin on a high shelf in my bedroom, by her picture.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Sounds like she is pretty amazing. You will see her again :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, she sounds like an amazing girl. Sorry her life wasnt longer but it sounds like it sure was a full one. :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is a beautiful memorial to a beautiful soul ....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.