Nose Treatment - Paw Butter?

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Heya. Recall reading somewhere this is related to my dogā€™s kidney disease. Another time, a frenchie owner told me their last dog had it, something about a protein efficiency or deficiency.

I use paw butter to make him respectable.

Never thought to ask - are there any better options? Or better yet, a permanent solution?

Thx...

3f20477f7e60db8f83c9bd85e023efc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I used to use Aquaphor.... warm wet wash cloth first to remove pieces and the while wet rub on the Aquaphor. You can also use coconut oil in the same way.

OP
SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
I used to use Aquaphor.... warm wet wash cloth first to remove pieces and the while wet rub on the Aquaphor. You can also use coconut oil in the same way.

Need to do it periodically?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Need to do it periodically?

Yes, I think I was doing everyday till it was looking better, then every other day as maintenance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mechadogzilla

Nov 15, 2020
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo(English Bulldog) and Hans(Rottweiler)
I used to use a product like Paw Butter - it looked like Chapstick- from time to time. It worked very well. I would only need to use every once in a while. It is a product that I wished I knew about sooner as his nose had flair ups since he was little. Never had a problem with, donā€™t know about underlying causes, but he had a bad nose for years and was ok except for nose.

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
hi samisalo...just wondering how your pups nose is now? I have the same issue with my pup. His nose looks identical to your pups. I took him to Vet just to rule out any underlying condition. Vet told me to use antibiotic ointment (neosporin) twice a day for one week and then once a day until nose starts looking better. I just started process today. Hope this helps! Love the pic! :)

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Thank you for that info. I'll look at getting some next instead of this. But this does a good job. No complaints.

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for that info. I'll look at getting some next instead of this. But this does a good job. No complaints.

You know me n my holistic way n essential oilsā€¦. You definitely donā€™t need to do it my way n continue buying your little can. I saw their ingredients ands its: Shea butter, almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, castor oil, olive oil, beeswax, and cocoa seed butter.

You can buy all that n make it yourself. Buy all your ingredients organic. I buy shea butter, almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, castor oil at winners n I think in the USA our winners is your TJ. 1/4 of the price compared to health food store. Beeswax n cocoa seed butter online. I would melt shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa seed butter on the stove in a bath bowl. (A bain-marie is a type of heated bath). Then you add the rest of the other oils n mix or whip at the lowest speed. Fill up tiny Masson jars n let it set. So, according to the ingredients the avocado oil, castor oil, olive oil (the liquid ones) I would use 1/2 as ingredient compare to the solid ones so example 1cup of Shea n other solid ones n 1/2 of the liquid ones. Do little batches till you see what texture you like. Some people wonā€™t make their own cause it seems too much work. It sure is but youā€™ll have a lifetime of butter nose. Btw, them ingredients, you can definitely use it on yourself too. And youā€™ll have a soft nose.. :D so yes, these are all ingredients a human skin needs n not just a dog. Xmas gifts!

Just a thought :yes:

BTW, You might end up looking like your fur ball as per 1chumly :yes::no::yes::no:

437457DB-B3AF-48DF-877D-98CB5D045EAE.jpeg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.