Tail issues?

karmazabit

Oct 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is not a tail pocket... what IS it? I have been cleaning with hexaclore (sp?) But it does come back. Does it need to be amputated? 20200415_190027.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punks tail is so tightly screwed that I cannot get to her pocket. Have to get vet to clean. The tech holds her while the vet cleans.

OP
karmazabit

karmazabit

Oct 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's like they docked her tail but left a little joint at the end. Its about the size of the last joint on a thumb. She always wants us to itch it so I know it does bother her. Her hair on the nub is starting to fall out so I wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this. Google popped up tail amputation so thats where that came from ! Thank you all

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's like they docked her tail but left a little joint at the end. Its about the size of the last joint on a thumb. She always wants us to itch it so I know it does bother her. Her hair on the nub is starting to fall out so I wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this. Google popped up tail amputation so thats where that came from ! Thank you all

Tail amputation is usually done when infection is non-stop for months. Nyala was like that but the oil worked all these years and will continue. Works for her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is not a tail pocket... what IS it? I have been cleaning with hexaclore (sp?) But it does come back. Does it need to be amputated?View attachment 118906

It almost looks gray in there? when you clean it does dirt come off or any puss like stuff

OP
karmazabit

karmazabit

Oct 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It sometimes has a little pus or crusty, which is why I'm using the medicated cleaner. What is the essential oil combination you are using helsonwheels? Once it is cleaned a few days in a row it subsides and no crusties... then it will start again after a few weeks go by. I will ask the vet next time we go but I dont think it needs it's own appointment as it clears up pretty quick. She has never had hair growing in there so I just look for the redness and crusties to go away. Thank you all �� also she is 6 yrs old.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It sometimes has a little pus or crusty, which is why I'm using the medicated cleaner. What is the essential oil combination you are using helsonwheels? Once it is cleaned a few days in a row it subsides and no crusties... then it will start again after a few weeks go by. I will ask the vet next time we go but I dont think it needs it's own appointment as it clears up pretty quick. She has never had hair growing in there so I just look for the redness and crusties to go away. Thank you all �� also she is 6 yrs old.

I would make it a daily cleaning routine... I had to do that with our girl Banks morning and night routine cleaning with witch hazel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
After cleaning, try a little Neosporin on it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It sometimes has a little pus or crusty, which is why I'm using the medicated cleaner. What is the essential oil combination you are using helsonwheels? Once it is cleaned a few days in a row it subsides and no crusties... then it will start again after a few weeks go by. I will ask the vet next time we go but I dont think it needs it's own appointment as it clears up pretty quick. She has never had hair growing in there so I just look for the redness and crusties to go away. Thank you all ļæ½ļæ½ also she is 6 yrs old.

For ears n more....When I got Jake heā€™s basically an outside dog. Had some brown stuff going on in his ears. Probably dirt etc... I used this mix n 3days later all clean. Even my vet said whatever youā€™re doing keep doing it as he had a very tiny bit of bacteria he tested. Nothing to be concerned either. My holistic vet also wanted the recipe as she was stunned Nyala still hasnā€™t had an amputation. I gave her the recipe:) I love this mix. Works basically for all yeast, infection even risk... but keep it more for tail pocket n cleaning ears for maintenance.

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae ... IF you canā€™t find arborvitae as itā€™s very hard to find, thuja will do. Itā€™s basically in the evergreen family.

You can buy oils online. DoTerra is a high quality oil. If youā€™re NOT sure of an oil please ask or tag me. Certain oils are NOT for dogs or cats. Iā€™ve been doing this for years. Just ask and it will be my please to help you. :)

Fractionated Coconut Oil (the clear one) to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infections. If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.