Thread: Paw moisturizer for Bulldogs like balm or others , recommendations

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Paw moisturizer for Bulldogs like balm or others , recommendations

I wipe Bruschi s paws everyday with baby wipes after our walkie to keep his paws clean.

I dont know if baby wipes dry their paws. Is there any balm or cream recommendations like us humans do with skin care that applies to our dogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Paw moisturizer for Bulldogs like balm or others , recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    I wipe Bruschi ‘s paws everyday with baby wipes after our walkie to keep his paws clean.
    I ran out of bag balm and still searching for the original. But I know both links are great!

https://www.amazon.ca/Mushers-Secret...3273000&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.ca/Protection-Lav...9E87JD4YJAQHF4

3. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I love Mushers secret

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

5. Likes MissWaddles13, Dollys Owner liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't tried Musher's Secret yet, but I did order the kit from Natural Dog Company. They have a balm for the paws, and it seems to work okay...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

7. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I ran out of bag balm and still searching for the original. But I know both links are great!

https://www.amazon.ca/Mushers-Secret...3273000&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.ca/Protection-Lav...9E87JD4YJAQHF4
    Pawsome! I appreciate the recommendations.

9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    Pawsome! I appreciate the recommendations. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good one! Lol

Eventually I will attempt to make my own. Jan - March is quiet for me...Will play in the kitchen. It’s basically a couple different wax, essential oils.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Isn't it a bit tricky to put something on the paws (the pad, that is) as it will end up on the floor or the dog will lick it off? I would consider some oil or something that will moisturise the dog from the inside, so to speak.

Castor has always had dry paws but they have become much smoother over the last month since he started on a new fatty acid oil. He used to get salmon oil but I wasn't sure it did any good so I bought an oil called Nutrolin. It's from Finland, made from plant oils (no fish) and actually seems to work; Castor's paws are now almost like baby feet, his coat is looking great and he doesn't lick or scratch himself as much as before.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I only use pawsitive FX as even if they lick it, it’s natural n has essential oils. But why I use it because here in the wintertime when you walk your dogs they either use little stones mixed with salt or sand. Also I like their paws a bit thick not too thin either for protection to all weather. Just like our dog sleigh they won’t have too much of anything on their paws so they build a healthy thickness paw to mush... Nyala has normal soft paws but Jake has much thicker paws as he was raised outside. Why it’s important to bring them out in all seasons n not to use them booties or use less... well that’s my opinion.

13. Likes EllieMay liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Not too hard to make your own either. https://ontariospca.ca/blog/protect-...balm-for-pets/ I made my own 2 years ago but hardly used it since I agree with you- good to toughen up their paws.

If you want original bag balm you can get it direct from bag balm if you are in USA eg. https://bagbalm.com/collections/all/...oses-hot-spots

I think bag balm is unique with its hydroxyquinoline combined with the Petrolatum, Lanolin, and Paraffin Wax so it will act as an antiseptic for hot spots. If it's just for paws you can make your own, buy other brands such as Mushers Secret, or use Bag Balm.

Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Good one! Lol

Eventually I will attempt to make my own. Jan - March is quiet for me...Will play in the kitchen. It’s basically a couple different wax, essential oils.
    You won't be able to duplicate bag balm unless you have access to hydroxyquinoline.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    You won't be able to duplicate bag balm unless you have access to hydroxyquinoline.
    No no I’m on about the pawsitive fx...

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Not too hard to make your own either. https://ontariospca.ca/blog/protect-...balm-for-pets/ I made my own 2 years ago but hardly used it since I agree with you- good to toughen up their paws.

If you want original bag balm you can get it direct from bag balm if you are in USA eg. https://bagbalm.com/collections/all/...oses-hot-spots

I think bag balm is unique with its hydroxyquinoline combined with the Petrolatum, Lanolin, and Paraffin Wax so it will act as an antiseptic for hot spots. If it's just for paws you can make your own, buy other brands such as Mushers Secret, or use Bag Balm.
    No that’s not the original it’s the newer version. But they still make the original one and all unavailable for now. I did speak n email to numerous people. Seems the one I want is made in Quebec as Vermont n Quebec linked together to make this one. Quebec has the biggest dairy farms in Canada and why they linked together many years ago as I was told. See the photo? Not same ingredients

-6d77ba99-37b8-4aa4-9443-eecd539475a8-jpeg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads