Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paw moisturizer for Bulldogs like balm or others , recommendations

Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Paw moisturizer for Bulldogs like balm or others , recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    No that’s not the original it’s the newer version. But they still make the original one and all unavailable for now. I did speak n email to numerous people. Seems the one I want is made in Quebec as Vermont n Quebec linked together to make this one. Quebec has the biggest dairy farms in Canada and why they linked together many years ago as I was told. See the photo? Not same ingredients

Attachment 117857
    The only difference is that the new one also has paraffin= candle wax. Wouldn't you say that's a good thing for paws ? I'm not sure what the impact would be for hot spots... Probably be a bit too occlusive for hot spots so old formula would be better. I would rather use an antibiotic ointment or betadine for hot spots anyway, but that's just me. I actually bought a tin of new formula and I've been applying it using 2 separate cosmetic round pads on Honey's bum and vulvar area if she's been scooting. I also up the fibre if she starts to scoot.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    The only difference is that the new one also has paraffin= candle wax. Wouldn't you say that's a good thing for paws ? I'm not sure what the impact would be for hot spots... Probably be a bit too occlusive for hot spots so old formula would be better. I would rather use an antibiotic ointment or betadine for hot spots anyway, but that's just me. I actually bought a tin of new formula and I've been applying it using 2 separate cosmetic round pads on Honey's bum and vulvar area if she's been scooting. I also up the fibre if she starts to scoot.
    Scoot usually is a sign of irritation, worms, lump etc... fiber won’t stop scooting. But makes a nice though

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Buy direct from the company as itís cheaper than amazon. Go figure!

https://www.naturallysplendid.com/brand/pawsitivefx

Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Isn't it a bit tricky to put something on the paws (the pad, that is) as it will end up on the floor or the dog will lick it off? I would consider some oil or something that will moisturise the dog from the inside, so to speak.

Castor has always had dry paws but they have become much smoother over the last month since he started on a new fatty acid oil. He used to get salmon oil but I wasn't sure it did any good so I bought an oil called Nutrolin. It's from Finland, made from plant oils (no fish) and actually seems to work; Castor's paws are now almost like baby feet, his coat is looking great and he doesn't lick or scratch himself as much as before.

Isn't nutrolin taken internally?It's not available in Canada. I give my dog something similar- hemp seed oil, flax seed oil, and fish oil all separately.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Isn't nutrolin taken internally?It's not available in Canada. I give my dog something similar- hemp seed oil, flax seed oil, and fish oil all separately.
    Yes, that's right! I give Castor a teaspoon a day on his food. It moisturises him from the inside so no need to put anything directly on his paws.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

6. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads