versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Hey just wanted to pop in and give a good recommendation for bag balm as being a great rope/nose ointment. I normally use a triple antibiotic ointment on whopper and that does work OK but I just recently re-discovered bag balm and that is actually a much better remedy for a dry, cracked nose and an irritated nose rope.

Whoppers nose was still cracked and dry with the use of the triple antibiotic ointment but within 2 days of using bag balm his nose is smooth and leathery. Actually resembles a normal dogs nose now. Under his rope also looks real good. So...anyone struggling with this I recommend giving bag balm a shot. Worked wonders for whopper. My mother is rejoicing in the afterlife right now, I know it. She swore by bag balm and used it for everything.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great product for sure... thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I had a bag balm hidden and completely forgot about it... by fluke I was cleaning closet n look what I found lol... lately been using on Duke for his indigital cyst n Nyala when she bite him a couple days ago. Great stuff.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I had a bag balm hidden and completely forgot about it... by fluke I was cleaning closet n look what I found lol... lately been using on Duke for his indigital cyst n Nyala when she bite him a couple days ago. Great stuff.

Oliver, Louieā€™s brother Iā€™m watching, got an IC a couple days ago and I sprayed it with colloidal silver and not sure if itā€™s coincidence of what but it didnā€™t get bigger and was practically gone the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great idea to use it as an antiseptic !!! It's got 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate, which is antibacterial,antifungal,antiviral,antimalarial, and antitubercular. This is mixed into a base of lanolin and vaseline.It makes sense it'd be good for cuts,interdigital cysts, infected wrinkles,dry cracked paws,dry nose etc. Hydroxyquinoline is also used in a lower concentration in a vaginal jelly called Trimo-San to maintain proper pH and prevent odour in women using vaginal pessaries for prolapse.

Lanolin (wool fat) can be allergenic so stop using it if dog gets a rash.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oliver, Louieā€™s brother Iā€™m watching, got an IC a couple days ago and I sprayed it with colloidal silver and not sure if itā€™s coincidence of what but it didnā€™t get bigger and was practically gone the next day.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colloidal silver is good too. I sometimes do CS for IC in the day as I tend to put the bag balm at bedtime with his socks on. Sadly Duke licks/eat everything. Licks the BB. If I add it to the puncture on his chest cause of Madame nasty Nyala, Duke tries to lick it but canā€™t reach same as his folds...tries to lick his face off lol

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online