E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Just so you know... my girl bulldog was trained in months... my male Frenchieā€” TWO full years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years?????!!! That is crazy! Well ok that makes me feel so much better because I have not seen progress at all I mean a little she does pee when taken outside almost all the time not poo! But ok like I said I was just getting the feeling maybe I was doing something wrong and well her maybe just reinforcing her ā€œbad behaviorā€ making her think itā€™s ok but 2 years then Iā€™m pretty sure they were a lot of accidents weā€™re not lost!

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
I have had MANY puppies. Unlike most people, I love training them! They all learn at a different rate, and I've had many different breeds, and most of my English were a little slower about "potty" training. Even at the age of your pup, I would get up at least twice during the night, and take them out. They can not learn,it they are not helped to learn. How long does it take to train a human baby? Dogs learn pretty fast,in comparison! The dog parent needs patience. Getting up during the night does not last forever(though sometimes it seems like it). Being patient,remembering that your pup is just a baby,and "hanging" in there, will be rewarded. One day, as sisters3 said "it will be totally worth it". You also might have to remove the bedding until she IS trained. For some strange reason, some bulldogs will pee on bedding!

Ok that was the other question/issue maybe making her think I need to take her out and what not at nights. But will do will add ANOTHER alarm on my phone [emoji23] hahha and well Iā€™ll keep everyone posted on the progress how we do! Again really really appreciate everyone!

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
I have had MANY puppies. Unlike most people, I love training them! They all learn at a different rate, and I've had many different breeds, and most of my English were a little slower about "potty" training. Even at the age of your pup, I would get up at least twice during the night, and take them out. They can not learn,it they are not helped to learn. How long does it take to train a human baby? Dogs learn pretty fast,in comparison! The dog parent needs patience. Getting up during the night does not last forever(though sometimes it seems like it). Being patient,remembering that your pup is just a baby,and "hanging" in there, will be rewarded. One day, as sisters3 said "it will be totally worth it". You also might have to remove the bedding until she IS trained. For some strange reason, some bulldogs will pee on bedding!

Hey again I do wanted to ask, I removed the bedding but she has resorted to the pee pads for comfort haha. And also discovered she liked hitting them even though she has ALL her toys in there. I have been waking up early itā€™s working wonders but my question is isnā€™t she going to think thatā€™s her bed now and not pee in the pads but elsewhere? Thank you again. Oh I also put in 2 peepads that cover the whole area so I donā€™t know if one of those holders will work

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=18899]EduDL91[/MENTION] Sorry, cannot answer as to Pee Pads, we've never used them BUT where is the crate overnight?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hey again I do wanted to ask, I removed the bedding but she has resorted to the pee pads for comfort haha. And also discovered she liked hitting them even though she has ALL her toys in there. I have been waking up early itā€™s working wonders but my question is isnā€™t she going to think thatā€™s her bed now and not pee in the pads but elsewhere? Thank you again. Oh I also put in 2 peepads that cover the whole area so I donā€™t know if one of those holders will work

You really shouldn't put pee pads in her crate. Then you are teaching her to pee "in" the crate. If you take her out often enough, she won't have to pee in the crate.The only way they learn is for you to put effort in it to teach them. If she pees on blankets, leave her with no bedding! Take her out often enough,if you lose some sleep, it won't be forever!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes, if she is peeing/pooping during the night then you will just have to wake up a few times and take her out. It sucks, but it will be worth it in the end and it's not forever! She is still very young and accidents should be expected at that age. Don't put a pee pad in the crate with her.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.