Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Peeing bed

FYI When Joey was being crate trained as a wee pup I set the alarm on my phone for every 2 hours to take her outside. Sure, I was sleep deprived for a couple of weeks BUT it was totally worth it. Good luck, hang in there and donít get frustrated. This process with ANY pup takes time and patience.
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

2. Likes Lalaloopsie, 2BullyMama, cefe13, Cbrugs liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    I actually think the same way but decided to remove it because her peeing is scary! Haha but I actually do feel bad, I even feel bad crating her I wish she could roam and do whatever she wanted but I do not want the apartment smelling. And I see I will do that, I am just apprehensive because I think she might develop that behavior of ok I pee every night, but I am no dog trainer thatís just me. I will follow the advice given here. And will definitely post results etc. In a week tops just so other can read the Topic and know the final results. Again I appreciate been EXTREMELY helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just so you know... my girl bulldog was trained in months... my male Frenchieó TWO full years!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

4. Likes EduDL91, sisters3 liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have had MANY puppies. Unlike most people, I love training them! They all learn at a different rate, and I've had many different breeds, and most of my English were a little slower about "potty" training. Even at the age of your pup, I would get up at least twice during the night, and take them out. They can not learn,it they are not helped to learn. How long does it take to train a human baby? Dogs learn pretty fast,in comparison! The dog parent needs patience. Getting up during the night does not last forever(though sometimes it seems like it). Being patient,remembering that your pup is just a baby,and "hanging" in there, will be rewarded. One day, as sisters3 said "it will be totally worth it". You also might have to remove the bedding until she IS trained. For some strange reason, some bulldogs will pee on bedding!
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

6. Likes EduDL91, sisters3, cefe13, Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Just so you know... my girl bulldog was trained in months... my male Frenchieó TWO full years!!!

2 years?????!!! That is crazy! Well ok that makes me feel so much better because I have not seen progress at all I mean a little she does pee when taken outside almost all the time not poo! But ok like I said I was just getting the feeling maybe I was doing something wrong and well her maybe just reinforcing her ďbad behaviorĒ making her think itís ok but 2 years then Iím pretty sure they were a lot of accidents weíre not lost!

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I have had MANY puppies. Unlike most people, I love training them! They all learn at a different rate, and I've had many different breeds, and most of my English were a little slower about "potty" training. Even at the age of your pup, I would get up at least twice during the night, and take them out. They can not learn,it they are not helped to learn. How long does it take to train a human baby? Dogs learn pretty fast,in comparison! The dog parent needs patience. Getting up during the night does not last forever(though sometimes it seems like it). Being patient,remembering that your pup is just a baby,and "hanging" in there, will be rewarded. One day, as sisters3 said "it will be totally worth it". You also might have to remove the bedding until she IS trained. For some strange reason, some bulldogs will pee on bedding!
    Ok that was the other question/issue maybe making her think I need to take her out and what not at nights. But will do will add ANOTHER alarm on my phone hahha and well Iíll keep everyone posted on the progress how we do! Again really really appreciate everyone!

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Hey again I do wanted to ask, I removed the bedding but she has resorted to the pee pads for comfort haha. And also discovered she liked hitting them even though she has ALL her toys in there. I have been waking up early itís working wonders but my question is isnít she going to think thatís her bed now and not pee in the pads but elsewhere? Thank you again. Oh I also put in 2 peepads that cover the whole area so I donít know if one of those holders will work

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

@EduDL91 Sorry, cannot answer as to Pee Pads, we've never used them BUT where is the crate overnight?
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    Hey again I do wanted to ask, I removed the bedding but she has resorted to the pee pads for comfort haha. And also discovered she liked hitting them even though she has ALL her toys in there. I have been waking up early it’s working wonders but my question is isn’t she going to think that’s her bed now and not pee in the pads but elsewhere? Thank you again. Oh I also put in 2 peepads that cover the whole area so I don’t know if one of those holders will work

You really shouldn't put pee pads in her crate. Then you are teaching her to pee "in" the crate. If you take her out often enough, she won't have to pee in the crate.The only way they learn is for you to put effort in it to teach them. If she pees on blankets, leave her with no bedding! Take her out often enough,if you lose some sleep, it won't be forever!
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

14. Likes Cbrugs, EduDL91, sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, if she is peeing/pooping during the night then you will just have to wake up a few times and take her out. It sucks, but it will be worth it in the end and it's not forever! She is still very young and accidents should be expected at that age. Don't put a pee pad in the crate with her.

16. Likes Manydogs, sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads